What made you start playing Runescape?

Vesic

Certainbuds
On 5/7/2018 at 4:57 PM, Vesic said:

Just curious about how your runescape journey started! Let's share and tell!

I think i hate myself? Hard to say lmao

• 5 months later...

When I was a kid my older sister got a laptop for her birthday when I was like 9. I saw her playing Runescape on it for the first time and we made my first account together :lol:

I'll answer this seriously even though no one really cares. But I migrated from Age of Empires because N0valyfe and another friend talked me into trying out RS. Turns out he would be a total machine at this game and I would just end up mingling around in RSC forums bickering with other kids. Ahh.. the young life.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2018 at 1:02 PM, Daeneces said:

I saw I could kill goblins so I sought after becoming the strongest goblin destoryer of them all. I succeeded at this.

Have you seen the anime? or read the manga?

Used to watch my brother hog the computer and play it. Once I got bored and banned (got banned for something my account apparently did while me and my family was away on vacation) from the game I was playing before I decided to try it out. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was a huge role player back then on AOL & someone suggested to me in a chatroom that I should give RuneScape a try. I originally started in 2005 & then quit around 2013 with a nearly maxed account. Not sure what got me back, maybe boredom or the fact that not many online games that I tried live up my expectations.

Brother and I were always on Miniclip back in the day and I noticed Runescape competing with Club Penguin in the rankings, decided to check it out and been hooked ever since.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

started off very young, like 11 or so, using it as a space to just mess around and be able to message friends from school. you know, the good ol' chillin at lumpy castle days. but once I had started doing quests, I got fully delved in, playing on and off for years, always able to get back on and find an interest or goal to get into.  

I mostly enjoy to play now because im so far along, have the capability of being able to do things, and I enjoy the feeling fo making my way up the leaderboards in different ways. (being able to brag to all the people that "use to play back in the day")

• 1 month later...

I started playing RuneScape around the same time I got into an online text-based roleplay community, around 13 years ago. A friend I met a few months into the community pitched the idea of playing RS to me, and it's something the lot of us played together early on. People I knew moved on, and it boiled down to just a select few of us who continued to play. I was more of a minigames person and got heavily invested in Stealing Creations ( pre-EoC ) and Barbarian Assault ( post-EoC ) after I obtained my Quest Cape in 2013.

I tapered off around the time EoC hit, and have been playing off and on since. Admittedly the playtime became a problem in my personal life, and I had to make the conscious decision to dial it back considerably. I think I've hit a good medium nowadays. 2020 has honestly been the year of a lot of change, and the year I can say I'm really enjoying the game compared to before.

• 4 weeks later...
BeepBeepZoop

well i had a friend from school get me into diablo 2 when it launched, and while waiting for other friends to catch up in levels he convinced me to start playing runescape around early 2001.  Needless to say i got addicted =x

On 3/29/2020 at 2:39 AM, Rad Rod said:

the day i couldnt install starcraft on the computers at school

Love this. Back in 2001 or 2002 I used to play Starcraft with @The Rocket while afk training at the zombie graveyard in wildy. 

it's nice reading a lot of your stories!

i would've done anything to fit in with my brother and sister at the time so here we are. 

End 2006 my son started playing. I wanted to know what it was. Since I wasn't that good I remember in the beginning picking up all things I found around in the game and just walk around. Until I started getting addicted to slayer :) 

Now I only get on OSRS anymore because RS3 changed a lot. It looks great though.