What made you start playing Runescape?

Vesic

A cousin I looked up to was playing the game. I ended up trying it and it blew my mind, the fact that I was a character that could slay goblins, cows, earn GOLD, and meet other people was amazing. I loved that I could chat with my all my friends daily and that we were always pking or doing clan wars. Ahh the good times. 

romeo_in_luv

honestly the 2 biggest nerds in the school in 4th grade played it and it looked cool so i got into it for awhile then quit then around 2004 it got to be a cool game to play as people from other towns we met played it and it turns out they went to the same high school as us in 2005 and we all jumped on the bandwagon and started playing....

if anyone remembers geometrical or philly phil from back then they were the original leaders of clan overdose OD, my first clan and first time i became the high council of..till we merge with TOL THe Outlaws which i was promoted to Co-Leader of when we became COL Collission.. but yea my friends and i in OD had competitions who would get what lvl first or whatever and i came out on top and they're all gone now and im the one who came back and what brought me back waS THE fact that i just miss playing after so long...........EVEN THO IN MY LIFE NOW IM PERFECT, I FOUND THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IM ENGAGED TO A BEAUTIFUL SEXY ASIAN WOMAN, IM MAKING ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY FOR MY MOTHER'S MORTGAGE, AFFORD MY WEDDING, AND FOR MY OWN HOUSE, IDK WHAT TO SAY BUT IM TRULY BLESSED AND I JUST WANT MORE EXCITEMENT IN MY LIFE LIKE RUNSCAPE USE TO BRING ME.

MrElemantal

This kid in day care started playing and i wanted to try got the url for the game about 3 years later when i had my own pc at home and i loved the game after that

IsoLuckyRu

I just saw a bunch of stuff about it recently and a buddy was playing. Had no idea it was this kind of game with leveling skills with an Ultima Online kind of feel. I never understood the game when I tried back in 04-05 and never tried again after that.

I was kind of addicted to virtual chatrooms as a kid, and one day I got an advertisement on the bottom of one of the chatrooms for RS, so I made an account but I was too young to really understand anything in the game. Eventually I found my old account and started playing seriously in 2008, and I've played on and off since then.

Kingpiplup

When I was younger the first online game I ever played was Club Penguin (so this was many many many years ago). And somehow my obsession, at the time, with club penguin led me to this like social networking fan site for Club Penguin, where everyone could make their own profiles for their penguins and what not. What a time. And on there was an ad for a game called Roblox. So I played that for a time, and met some of my friends, who I am still friends with today. And then one day they got me to play RS (back in 2008). And here we are. 

• 1 month later...

My best friend spent his teenage years playing games like wow and rs, and that's a very rare thing in my country.

Signed up on wow when he asked me, and that was an epic journey.

I've been hearing about rs for years, so when he asks me if I wanted to be on another epic journey to runescape, I signed up right away.

Thanks friendo!

Edited by Livigne
  • 2 weeks later...

Best friend was playing it. I remember walking to the library to get a chance to play 1 hour a day. 30 minute walk there and back... WORTH IT! Ohhhh the nostalgia.... -_-

My hubby has played this since around 2001 and when we got together he would play this all the time and i was like what the heck ill give it a shot and now im addicted 

My middle school buddies introduced me and we lived for the old pking back in the day going out and just finding mini group fights. Recently  started playing again looking for a good game similar to runescape and love a lot of the changes and have been getting a lot more into PVMing now thou

Out of Runes

Oh man, so when I was a kid, I used to go to a site called Addictinggames, I'd play for about an hour or two every day and one day I saw Runescape, and decided to try it.... Nobody told me it would suck the life from me.

I saw someone play the game in the library and got interested in it, and here we are.

• 2 weeks later...
Darkestfeerr

My cousin started played, and we had a really good group for years that consistently played together. Unfortunately, none of my IRL friends play this anymore, and there's no convincing them to get back into it  VS much more visually appealing games :(

Code Magick

I started playing RS about 3 weeks ago. I've always been interested in most online RPGs and started RS3 while out-of-state visiting family. My brother-in-law was playing non-stop and constantly telling me about RS, so I gave it a shot and was hooked after a short while.

Started in 6th grade at the end of 2005. Met a kid at school who played, and we’re still friends to this day. I always joke that he’s the one that ruined my life for getting me hooked on RS hah. 

Found it looking on Yahooligans for "free mmorpg's" back in 2001, I tried everything on the list. RuneScape is the only one I stuck with, although there were some other fun ones that you don't see everywhere that I played for a bit.

A friend told me about it back in middle school, RSC back then, I played for a bit and got bored. My little brother re-introduced me to it shortly after graduating HS and I began playing once again, logging into the account I had created in middle school. I played and played and did my grinding and well, here we are today, 15 or so years later

• 4 weeks later...

I started playing because my brother was playing it. I thought it looked pretty cool and I got hooked. I played a while then I stopped when I got in high school and busier with sports. Then I picked it up again after high school. Took and break for a couple years and now I’m back. I’m really enjoying this clan.