Jagex Closing Runescape Classic

Rafi

On 5/23/2018 at 11:54 PM, Rafi said:

That didn't stop me from attacking someone at rune rocks with my steel dagger though!?

Classic!

5 hours ago, thegreatwha said:

This is so true.  I enjoy this game so much more with other people. Perhaps that's just my personality (some folks aren't people folk, right?). Even back then in 2001 I joined just because my buddy was playing, and it was fun just hanging out. And it's funny, my buddy hasn't come back to the game since, although we found one of his old accounts and he saw the game today briefly and said the exact same thing "RS got prettier". But did the game improve?  In terms of function and operation, sure. But the social dynamic, like you're saying, will always be the same: people hanging with people and just having fun enjoying one another's company.  And that old community was a pretty small group of folks (even before my time) compared to the total population of account which exists today. I suppose we'll never be able to get back to that, in it's purest form.

Amen to that feeling of nostalgia

Seconded. :P

ahh no more classic :( I had to come and say hi since I seen on facebook that they are doing away with classic. Jeeze all the fun times back then. 

• 3 weeks later...