Should i start recording vid for runescape?

Crovus

Spoiler

I honestly wouldn't mind starting a youtube channel and make random vids/ guides for runescape, or just goofy videos, but i honestly dont know where to begin for recording videos for software and editing. That is something i have been searching but not going to pay for something that i might regret later. Please give me your thoughts and opinions.

Bradrenaline

You need to decide what you want to do, and just upload constantly. Make a content plan and stick to it, don't ask for opinions or feedback because you'll get that anyway.

Your first videos are going to suck, you're going to have concepts that you end up not using and you're going to be competing with so many other people... But you need to be a consistent person in all of your content, so that you know why people are watching you.

The rest is up to you to figure out, make content, publish it, see how you can improve it, repeat.

I have a youtube channel at around 10k subs that I put on the back burner once I started working in my desired career, it would take a lot to revive my channel but I would use that very same advice if I ever went back.

Good luck 

The RS3 video market on youtube isn't over saturated but it is overshadowed a lot by OSRS. It seems to be that unless you are very good at the game or a very good personality that it's hard to break out. If you want to do it for a bit of fun I say go for it, just don't expect to hit any crazy sub or view counts unless you really set yourself apart.

51 minutes ago, Bradrenaline said:

I have a youtube channel at around 10k subs

That's pretty impressive. 

Overvoltage

starting points:

recording software - use OBS Studio. It's free and allows for a lot of customization (and streaming if you wanted to get into that as well)

editing software - Video Pad Pro is free* (*it has a 30 day trial, but if you uninstall and reinstall it, the 30 days starts over) and pretty intuitive. It's nowhere near the best, but it's decent, and the price is right