Getting ready for double exp weekend

GNT Patrick

Double EXP Weekend GOALS!!!!!

Alright GLADZ,

Here we have a redo of the first post of this. Showing my goals in order (I realize that I will not get them all done, it is just convenient to have another lined up in case I complete them. I do plan on maxing, though it will not happen this coming dxw sadly. So without further ado, here is my goals for this coming September DXW along with the items that I have procured for doing so. 

Summoning (79): 2129 Blue, 11075 Crimson, 3000 Dagonoth Hides, 1.1m Spirit Shards, 30k pouches, 1k Granite, 3k water talismans

Agility (85): 2060 silverhawk feathers, 1173 silverhawk down

Construction (80): 4841 Protean Plank, 1606 Mahogany Plank

Crafting (81): (Gems from Vyrewatch camping) 188 uncut diamonds, 172 uncut rubies, 150 protean hides, 11 bk dr hide

Fletching (78): 16306 Broad Arrowheads

Herblore (97): 864 overloads/1032 prayer renewal pots/ 4251 crystal flasks (More Ideas To Come)

Farming (97): I'll probably be maxed by then, but if I'm not, I'll do some trees. Got One Palm Tree seed :)

I'll keep the herbs I have out of it for now, I don't plan on maxing, just saving the overloads for when I can get the most out of them. 

Edited by GNT Patrick
link adde

Also collecting silver hawk feathers. Only have 700 right now. And those are the untradable ones. Looking to get 99 agility from 82 right now. Saving my feathers for then too. Hopefully I can get that easy :) I'm going to try and take that whole weekend off so I can get this exp going 

If you plan to do use water talisman, buy them NOW. (Think it's called water titan or geyser titan?) 

Try to save your blue charms for above mentioned geyser, and grab as many spirit gems as possible. Also buy the shaman set + head modifier from the trader. 

2 hours ago, Minikillers said:

The weekens is in what, like august?

Probably September. 

If you have a poor account, consider aiming for 95 herblore.

95 herblore +2 levels god banner boost allows u to make holy overloads (97) which tends to be commonly used in most combat outside high level bossing?

Also spirit gems are underrated. Pick them up.

Also the wiki page for summoning training has a well made table. 

I just followed it. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning_training

As a poor dude i used spirit terrorbirds (profitable/timewaste/Depends on your earning potential) , then followed the table with crimsons and blues. 

Avoid green unless u end up having too much money and too little charms, transmuting them is a option ( that is not really recommended.)

3 minutes ago, Morrobeast said:

Also the wiki page for summoning training has a well made table. 

I just followed it. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning_training

As a poor dude i used spirit terrorbirds (profitable/timewaste/Depends on your earning potential) , then followed the table with crimsons and blues. 

Avoid green unless u end up having too much money and too little charms, transmuting them is a option ( that is not really recommended.)

https://imgur.com/LIeIiZ1

Got the 97 herblore. Here's my skills. I typically update them periodically here so that everyone can see

Summoning:
    Yeah do familiarisation like Deathcon said. You can also do daily Bork for some extra charms they can add up if you do them everyday.
    If or when you have all the charms you need you can claim the supplies from familiarisation if you don't have the full outfit
    For your level I'd do Swamp Titans till your level 89 then you can do Geyser Titans until you use up all your blue charms,
    Like Isurugi said stack up on water talismans now before they go up in price in the next free months.
    Also do Slayer for spirit gems and even more charms

Construction
    If you don't have the construction outfit i'd recommend doing Temple trekking. It shouldn't take too long, i dont remember exactly how long it took me.
    For training i strongly recommend going with Flotsam prawnbrokers, its only a 2 gp/xp difference and it'll save you a lot of time and carpal tunnel lol

Farming:
    Always do your tree runes during double xp weekend. Plant them a day or two before and do as many runs as you can.

AS for any extra time you have during double xp weekend  I'd recommend doing buyables like crafting or smithingor do slow skills that can save you a few hours training them during double xp like Divination, woodcutting, fishing, and mining or any skill you dislike

I did 72-99 summ. With 2k golds, 6k reds and 3k blues. Get the outfit from familiarisation, and get your spirit gems. Theyre so nice.

Ps. Dxp weekend btw

Edited by Shepherdc88
  • 1 month later...

Alright Glad,

Back to this topic. I am planning on replenishing my overload stash this coming February. I have about 500 holy overloads left and figured I can wait until the following dxw.

That got me thinking. Since ingredient items go up in price during the weeks before dxw, doesn't that mean that the price of certain items like potions go down??????? So I went with that idea. I could potentially save a ridiculous amount of money buying supers in bulk right after dxw.

So in actually preparing, I have more silverhawks than I can use during the weekend, including Downs its about 3 to 4k. not bad. I am going to redo the first of this page so that it reflects what I have and what I'm going for