Profound equipment thaler/ticket combinations

Veggie

This is the RuneScape Wiki page for Profound decorative equipment (Castle Wars trim req)

It only lists combinations of directly buying the 5 pieces (helmet, chestplate, 3x other - meaning platelegs, sword, and shield) with Thaler and gold tickets. Looking at their chart, it has awkward gaps such as 800 to 1100 gold tickets with no combinations, 1100 to 1450 gold tickets with no combinations, and 1900 to 2250 gold tickets with no combinations. Considering the amount of time required to obtain 350 gold tickets, that kind of gap is very significant - it may take 2 or more Castle Wars spotlights.

What the page ignores is that you can sell Profound pieces to Lanthus. For example, you could buy 5 Profound platelegs, sell them at the Castle Wars shop, and then you would only require 150 gold tickets. All Profound pieces effectively end up being 11.5 thaler per gold ticket.

Not only this, but the Thaler shop also sells Detailed decorative equipment sets. These are even cheaper than the Profound helmets. However, they have a slightly worse converation rate, approximately 11.57 thaler per gold ticket. This opens up a lot more possibilities in terms of combinations.

I also found this spreadsheet made by someone who realized that you could sell Detailed deocrative equipment sets, but did not account for the fact that you can sell Profound pieces

I could not find a complete list of combinations, so I decided to make one myself.

It has 4 sheets, Sorted by tickets, Sorted by Thaler, Profound only, and Detailed set combinations. Sorted by tickets and sorted by Thaler have some differences because of the difference in conversion rate between Profound pieces and Detailed sets.

So without further adieu, the set of all combinations of thaler and gold tickets to acquire the Castle Wars trim req:

Link to spreadsheet

1 hour ago, Veggie said:

So without further adieu, the set of all c?ombinations of thaler and gold tickets to acquire the Castle Wars trim req:

:confused0089: (and I mean this not in meaning confused, but rather jaw-dropping shock).

Thanks Veg for posting :)

Edited by thegreatwha
  • 1 month later...

Thanks :D I wasn't ready to do the math and probably woulda wasted time on the extra 2 spotlights lol

Edited by Brian x_x