Elite Dungeon 2 Delayed

Cam L

Overvoltage
4 hours ago, Beric said:

Oh this reminds me of entering the dungeon, getting stuck in the floor, and being killed by unblockable damage from something invisible. That was a good time :reporter:

• 2 weeks later...

runescape mobile sucks, didn't really matter much when they wasted the fuck out of their money with rs chronicle, rs idle adventures, and whatever but now they're practically cancelling runescape updates to bring something that no one wants

i wonder if jagex management are the ones being this incompetent or if it's the chinese board of directors. it's a bit funny because the chinese company that owns jagex is in the absolute shitter, hey here's some advice on how to trash your business lmao

43 minutes ago, Veggie said:

i wonder if jagex management are the ones being this incompetent or if it's the chinese board of directors. it's a bit funny because the chinese company that owns jagex is in the absolute shitter, hey here's some advice on how to trash your business lmao

I think it's safe to assume that Jagex is merely given targets to hit in revenue, and then teams are supposed to hit those targets. They've stated multiple times that the MTX team is given goals and that other content devs are given similar ones. I don't know how they calculate the value of a lot of non-mtx updates but when you consider that temporary events with lots of 'free' xp are as popular as they are they are probably valued heavily over other more traditional and permanent content updates.

43 minutes ago, Veggie said:

runescape mobile sucks, didn't really matter much when they wasted the fuck out of their money with rs chronicle, rs idle adventures, and whatever but now they're practically cancelling runescape updates to bring something that no one wants

I don't care about mobile, and you don't, but I think it's actually a highly requested way to play among the community. Wasting time with something like mining and smithing is far more of a bad choice to make. Especially given that most of their 'whales' are probably already maxed out in those skills. :^)

11 hours ago, Overvoltage said:

for mobile users who don't want to open reddit:

I'm see a lot of outcry for tapp on the reddit and it's deserved. I've been saying this for awhile now but literally most major and good content updates come from people doing TAPP work. RIP.

6 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Wasting time with something like mining and smithing is far more of a bad choice to make.

Excuse you. :hmph:

Just now, Sirsir said:

Excuse you. :hmph:

Its legitimately the worst possible major update they could do. It's just going to over-complicate 2 skills that have been in the game since basically the beginning so that people who can't deal with rune items being the highest thing you can make with smithing can feel at ease.

Not only are a vast majority of people who 'care' about this update already maxed out in the skills, but it's basically taking way more opportunities for invention updates, or even a new elite skill. Why do we need to rework these two skills from the ground up so that people can take 20 hours to make a sub-par piece of gear? Just invent a new elite skills, or say 'fuck it' and just add higher tier gear mixed in with rune items like there already is. The fact is that this update isn't going to fundamentally change anything for the better. It's not going to draw in new players, or former players, and it's going to just create a TON of issues regarding boss drop tables, quests, skilling areas, and a multitude of other things. I bet they haven't even considered how much of the game will break when they change these two skills. It's gonna be EoC on release levels of broken, maybe worse.

2 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Its legitimately the worst possible major update they could do. It's just going to over-complicate 2 skills that have been in the game since basically the beginning so that people who can't deal with rune items being the highest thing you can make with smithing can feel at ease.

Not only are a vast majority of people who 'care' about this update already maxed out in the skills, but it's basically taking way more opportunities for invention updates, or even a new elite skill. Why do we need to rework these two skills from the ground up so that people can take 20 hours to make a sub-par piece of gear? Just invent a new elite skills, or say 'fuck it' and just add higher tier gear mixed in with rune items like there already is. The fact is that this update isn't going to fundamentally change anything for the better. It's not going to draw in new players, or former players, and it's going to just create a TON of issues regarding boss drop tables, quests, skilling areas, and a multitude of other things. I bet they haven't even considered how much of the game will break when they change these two skills. It's gonna be EoC on release levels of broken, maybe worse.

I respectfully disagree.

The M&S Rework is intended to modernize the skills, not only to make them more accessible and in fact enjoyable to train instead of clicking mindlessly, but to make them more sensible in terms of tiering, organize the levelling system, enhance gameplay and lore, and make them actually worth doing instead of exacerbating through inaction the problem of Slayer being a far superior alternative to almost every Gathering and Artisan Skill.

I am entirely against adding new Skills until the existing ones have been updated and even reworked where necessary, especially Elite Skills that are much more likely to ruin the economy, break the game, and perhaps most importantly further detract from the use and relevance of existing Skills. Invention was done relatively well, but it required a second batch and countless updates to make it beneficial, and let's not pretend it doesn't completely change the game in terms grouping people into those who have and use Invention and those who do not.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Skill Reworks should be at the absolute top of the list for game updates; only after ensuring each Skill is modernized, or at least relevant, to some extent can the game flourish and thrive.

As for the issue of breaking the game, that's why we collectively voted for the update to be released in one go rather than in batches and demanded design documents as well as the opportunity to provide feedback. Any minimal issues that might arise, considering how much time is being spent on the update, should be addressed quickly enough; and I'm sure they know enough to host another PTR before final release.

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

I think it's safe to assume that Jagex is merely given targets to hit in revenue, and then teams are supposed to hit those targets. They've stated multiple times that the MTX team is given goals and that other content devs are given similar ones. I don't know how they calculate the value of a lot of non-mtx updates but when you consider that temporary events with lots of 'free' xp are as popular as they are they are probably valued heavily over other more traditional and permanent content updates.

RS Mobile is an investment, yeah the board of directors doesn't care about the day-to-day operations of the business, but it's entirely possible that they're pushing Mobile because they (the failed Chinese businessmen) think that it's a good investment for the future. Now they've gone so deep that they can't even put out updates because they're so caught up in Mobile. They're destroying their game in order to push out an update that will never see a return on investment. Not only are they pissing off their customers, they're pissing off their employees.

the osrs mobile is okay for me, it does have some improvements that are in the pipeline that will make me like it more :P

maybe on rs3 mobile ill start doing tree runs if im not already maxed by then :trollface:

Edited by Bryce
Overvoltage
7 hours ago, Veggie said:

it's a bit funny because the chinese company that owns jagex is in the absolute shitter

If I'm recalling correctly, they had a bit of legal controversy that caused their stock price to be frozen for several months and then when it was allowed to be traded again, everyone rushed to dump it because it was an asset that had been tied up for quite a while (in a company doing some shady business practices)

I do fear that a ton of time is being poured in the M&S update, which is detracting from other updates. In a perfect world, I want it and every other skill tweaked or updated that needs it. However, I think in the end there would be more value to graphically updating a lot of areas and NPCs that these supposed new players from mobile will see. I would not mind it, if they took 6 months or more, to graphically rework a bunch of stuff.

BTW, I do hope mobile rejuvenates rs, but I'm a bit sceptical.

Overvoltage

maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think they should have cut the german/french/portuguese servers years ago. They have to translate every update, piece of dialogue (quests being a huge part of that, so much dialogue :/ ) to three different languages for servers that max out under 1k users. They could also scale down their servers considerably, there are dozens of worlds with under 200 players on them at peak weekend playtimes.

I'm sure they'd receive some amount of backlash from the community for doing either, but I'd rather they cut that over game development

If mutated barges dots arent bleeds they should be able to crit/be affected by zerk, he has a few more nice responses below these tweets.

• 3 weeks later...

unknown.png

so now fury codex is 10x rarer. Also you can't gain hitpoints by resing verak lith's poison attack anymore

so, yay early bird bonuses :/

Edited by Overvoltage
22 minutes ago, Overvoltage said:

unknown.png

so now fury codex is 10x rarer. Also you can't gain hitpoints by resing verak lith's poison attack anymore

so, yay early bird bonuses :/

Jeez....:11: