Ritual of the Mahjarrat

James

“They signal their arrival with a devastating shriek, and leave nothing but ash, flame and destruction in their wake. All tremble in fear as they approach, and the ground rumbles in sympathy.”

There is news of a devastating attack on Mos Le’Harmless, and Sir Tiffy is quick to call you for help. Rumours seem to hint towards an ancient evil, once thought to be myth, and the implications of its appearance could spell disaster for this plane. It is unclear what they want, and there is nothing to say why they have risen now.

Yet, with one threat comes another: the planets have aligned, signalling the Ritual of the Mahjarrat. These mighty and ambitious beings are looking to draw the life from one of their order, sacrificing them to regain lost energies and add flesh to bones. The ritual will also offer near-limitless power to a single Mahjarrat who has already been gathering superhuman strength and influence. With an arsenal of weapons taken from the gods, could the ritual be your last opportunity to stop him before he achieves complete domination?

With two monumental threats such as these, humanity risks being utterly crushed. Fighting now would require armies of bold and fearless warriors, yet only a precious few are able to stand up and face them. The question is: are you ready to join the defence of RuneScape?

Survive to the end of Ritual of the Mahjarrat and you can be sure of a wealth of rewards. Aside from the customary (but large) stack of XP, you will gain access to a new spell, a new reward dungeon, ranging and mage gear, the opportunity to gain three new boots and other rewards that we would rather keep secret!

If you want to play a leading role in one of the biggest events of RuneScape’s history, we encourage you to log in now...

How to start

Speak to Sir Tiffy Cashien in Falador park.

Requirements

The Temple at Senntisten

While Guthix Sleeps

Hazeel Cult

Enakhra's Lament

The Slug Menace

Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift

Rocking Out

A Tail of Two Cats

Fight Arena

Level 76 Crafting

Level 77 Agility

Level 76 Mining

You must be capable of fighting creatures of combat level 475

I'm actually going to start questing now. I'm kind of excited.

Don't understand how you could have been playing for years and years and still not have all of the one-off content like quests done

Maybe because some people don't enjoy them?

I was hoping this would come out next Tuesday, giving me time to get 76 mining before it arrived... :( 3 levels to go, better get to it...

Don't understand how you could have been playing for years and years and still not have all of the one-off content like quests done

The name of the game is "do shit that you don't enjoy", typically to receive the ability to do something that you do enjoy or find 'worth it'. Don't enjoy it to the point where you won't do it? Fine, but that means you're bad at the game. :reporternana:

Edited by Doug ofGladz

The name of the game is "do shit that you don't enjoy", typically to receive the ability to do something that you do enjoy or find 'worth it'. Don't enjoy it to the point where you won't do it? Fine, but that means you're bad at the game. :reporternana:

Many quests have fairly high skill requirements for my standards, and many came out when I had too many other things to do, and got put on the back burner then forgotten about. It's not hard to fall behind on quests when they aren't a priority.

Darkness of Hallowvale made me come close to quitting the game, and I only did that so I could do the next grueling quest, Legacy of Seergaze, so that I could eventually grind Slayer slightly faster by cannoning mutated bloodvelds. And that is to level up my skills, I don't enjoy that task.

I ASBOFUCKINGLUTELY LOVED THIS FUCKING QUEST.........................................Best quest in years..............not to mention it was a SHIT TON OF FUN...................................and the rewards are fucking amazing also

OH btw this is coming from someone who doesn't enjoy questing[:

I only do quests cause I have to