RNG?????

GNT Patrick

Alright Gladz, 

Sending this from my phone at work, so hopefully it works out. Sorry for no color :( makes me sad too....

Anyways, so I started arraxor this last week. Had tons of fun, made some money, died alot. But got to like 70 some of percent enrage on a kill,on my first day. Not sure if that's good or not, but hey, makes me feel special lol. 

But the question is telos...... So I've seen debates whether arraxor is harder than telos, and I was wondering if the warden would be a good boss to learn right now, or if I should wait. 

Basically the question is, is it possible to get drops from 0 enrage telos????? And by drops, I mean the t92 weapons and cores, and stuff like that. 

I eventually want to get all t92 weapons, but I am definately not purchasing those..... I would spend years trying to make that kind of money lol. 

But back to the question. Is it possible to get the t92 drops at 0 to like 100 enrage. Whatever enrage it starts to become really hard, stop before that lol. 

And what is the drop rate of said t92 at low enrage. I tried looking it up on the wiki, but I got nothing from that except a formula that I don't get.... 

Or would you guys just suggest I focus on arraxor for awhile. 

Thoughts???? 

It's possible, but you almost certainly will not get anything. 

1 hour ago, GNT Patrick said:

Or would you guys just suggest I focus on arraxor for awhile. 

Do this. Learn the ins and outs of combat, then get into Telos. Rax will make you money while you do that. 

Is it possible to get drops at 0 enrage? Sure. Is it likely? Not unless your name is Afternine :trollface:

The formula that you found on the wiki gives a 1/615 chance at a unique at 0 enrage/0 streak. Furthermore, when sample drop rates for Telos were released by Jagex (see some reddit post somewhere), they stated that your chance at a unique under 100% is reduced by 1/10, and an additional 1/3 when under 25%. I don't think these additional reductions are taken into account in the formula, as I don't see how they could be. So, the conclusion is, if you really want a unique doing 0% over and over again, you're gonna be there for a while. 

Realistically speaking, if you're struggling with Araxxor, you're not ready for Telos yet. Some people make the argument that Telos is easier than Rax because the special attack rotation is the same every time, but if you can't react to something as telegraphed as a cleave at Rax I think you'll have a very hard time dealing with Telos's mechanics. 

11 minutes ago, Cam L said:

but?? if you can't react to something as telegraphed as a cleav?e?? at Rax I think you'll have a very hard time dealing wit???h Telos's mechanics. ??

Only killed by this one time.......... I failed that one time, but no other lol. 

As far as deaths at arraxor goes, I died due to the bouncing black glob that I didn't know what it was. Lol. I really haven't died that many times. 4 solo deaths to 3 kills. 

15 minutes ago, Beric said:

It's possible, but you almost certainly will not get anything. 

Do this. Learn the ins and outs of combat, then get into Telos. Rax will make you money while you do that. 

Will do. Got the anti poison perk. But I heard the normal perks are no good at arraxor due to the week shield thing. I'll have to do some digging to find some good ones. Might camp him for awhile 

45 minutes ago, GNT Patrick said:

But I heard the normal perks are no good at arraxor due to the week shield thing.

The standard pvm perks are just fine. At high enrages some people will take off/switch the piece that has crackling on it, but that's not strictly necessary. 

6 minutes ago, Beric said:

The standard pvm perks are just fine. At high enrages some people will take off/switch the piece that has crackling on it, but that's not strictly necessary. 

Just hit 76 invention today..... Sorta messed up.... Let a piece of armour hit 13 before siphoning it....... Woops..... 

But let me see if I got this right. Weapon has precise 5 and something else.. Precise 5 I have on my nox bow, which is how I kill Rax

Enhanced devoted and crackling on one piece. And venom blood and..... Crackling????? Still working on getting the other perks. I only have precise 5 and venom blood. 

I hate crackling btw....... 20 plus fails...... That's a lot of money gone

2h Weapon perks - precise 5 and aftershock 3. If duel wielding, one on each weapon, aftershock on the main hand usually.

Armour perks - biting 2/ biting 3, impatient 3, crackling 3, and enhanced devoted. I usually do first two on the body, last two on the legs.

You can combo biting 2 with venomblood which is good for arraxor, aod, and Greg. You can also combo crackling with things. However I'm not sure its advised to go for some combos till you get higher invention.

Biting 2 venomblood - 3 direct and 2 healthy comps. This is not common tho. Probably better to bring antipoison.

Try 4 explosive 1 imbued components for crackling 3, might take a few tries.

Edited by Sir Berry

Whether Araxxor is harder than Telos should not be a debate. Araxxor is definitely easier, and easier to be more consistent money (if that makes sense). Until you are able to streak Telos, I think he is actually a money sink. I don't know what the average learning curve is for telos, but I was not able to constently kill Telos above 100% enrage until my like 80th or so kill count.

Edited by Afternine
4 hours ago, GNT Patrick said:

As far as deaths at arraxor goes, I died due to the bouncing black glob that I didn't know what it was. Lol. I really haven't died that many times. 4 solo deaths to 3 kills. 

If you struggle with some mechanics at Araxxor, you'll struggle with some mechanics at Telos. Being able to deal with mechanics is more important than having the right gear or perks. Even more important still is learning to control your own character. Realistically there isn't much "learning" to do at most bosses. Telos sure, but the bulk of the knowledge is about how to do PvM in general. Doing good DPS, knowing how to run while casting abilities, knowing how to prayer switch quickly and effectively, and knowing how to use defensive abilities appropriately.

If you want some money, you're better off doing something simpler like GWD2, ED1 (group mode), or RotS. These bosses are also good places to practice doing PvM effectively.

I'd go with what Veggie said. Telos is easier then Araxxor up to a certain point but I mean if you still struggle with rax then you'll have a hard time. And drops are basically extremely rarely at 0-99% enrage so it wouldn't be worth it with dieing that much. Just take baby steps and learn the game more get the best gear etc, that's what I did and I went into Telos with a lot more knowledge about DPS, and the overall game and I feel like I climbed enrage a lot quicker than people normally (maybe). Rax is still good money and there's still a lot of other bosses you can learn besides Telos. You'll get there eventually don't worry.

It all comes down to practice. Hopefully I can spend a decent amount of time on Rax this weekend and try and get some good drops. Thanks for the help guys