help with bossing

Urasai Dgaf

so lately ive been having trouble with general graardoor- i finally got my atk to 90 and got some drygore maces- and have been looking up videos to maximize my melee dps- but for some reason i cant kill him for the whole hour even though im rocking the most dps and the best gear for my level is it because my defense and str are only 80 or is there more i should be doing to increase my dps

current melee stats

90atk

81 str

80 defense

92 prayer

current 

twin drygores augmented but no perks

full torva no perks

amulet of souls

luck of the dwarves

vampyrism scrimshaw 

vampyrism aura

inventory

5 super prayer renewals

3 extreme flasks (def- atk- str)

36 sharks(18 in bag + 18 in turtle)

am i missing out on dps because of my lack of perks or are my levels just too low

Your defense and other melee stats play a part for sure, but can I ask what sort of killtimes you are getting? And what is your strategy for killing the boss? What abilities do you use?

Could you take a screenshot of your ability bar?

23 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Your defense and other melee stats play a part for sure, but can I ask what sort of killtimes you are getting? And what is your strategy for killing the boss? What abilities do you use?

Could you take a screenshot of your ability bar?

my average kill time is about :35 but ive gotten kills as low as :24- as for strategy i dont have a good one i just try and deal the most damage to graardor in the shortest time and i know my ability bar starts with fury for the extra crit chance and adrenaline- i tried using beserk when its up but i just die trying to save adrenaline for a threshold before beserk wears off

i guess i should add my best trips so far were with a dragon rider lance(p3e2) cause the aoe abilities allow soulsplit to heal more

Edited by Urasai Dgaf
  Decimate.png  Dismember.png  Sever.png  Havoc.png  Slice.png  Fury.png

Then add threshholds, destroy/assault etc

Also you only have 92 prayer, not having turmoil is a big deal too, that's extra def/atk/str tgat can help you take less dmg, deal more and in turn heal more.

7 hours ago, Deathcon said:
  Decimate.png  Dismember.png  Sever.png  Havoc.png  Slice.png  Fury.png

Then add threshholds, destroy/assault etc

Also you only have 92 prayer, not having turmoil is a big deal too, that's extra def/atk/str tgat can help you take less dmg, deal more and in turn heal more.

HUGE help with turmoil, i didnt realize it was so powerful, hit a new fastest time and almost beat my top score for one run but i ran out of prayer renewal pots

Are you using adrenaline potions and a ring of vigor?

That's 35% adren instantly after using berserk. You'll be a threshold in no time, no need to wait. Can only do it every 2nd kill probably but your times will average out.

Also - do you adrenaline stall between kills?

22 minutes ago, Sakura Dream said:

I would?? run tuska's wrath on your bar as well

https://imgur.com/a/IoCZN8h

This is my 2h bar for when I use revo

Nope and nope.

Barge shouldn't be revo'd and replace that layout with the recommended revo++ on wiki.

Edit: cancel fury when your gcd is available and use another ability asap. @Urasai Dgaf

@Sakura Dream

so an update- after all your advice i got a new fastest kill at 00:19 and lasted about 50 mins but i kept running out of prayer- i think i just need more practice and i need a timer of some sort to go off every 10 mins so i can remember to drink another dose of extremes and recharge my prayer at the altar

Edited by Urasai Dgaf