{reddit} Some proposed AOD changes/tweaks from Mod Ramen

Bobby

Good to see they understand that stuff-food-in-mouth is not an enjoyable tank mechanic. 

I like timers regardless of team size, so we can at least see how we are doing.

Reducing defense isn't required either. I hate tanky bosses as much as everyone else but that doesn't mean every boss should be like solak-level easy to hit. I think playing around with affinity keeps stuff a bit more interesting. AoD is basically mechanic-less as is.

Other changes seem fine.

35 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

I like timers regardless of team size, so we can at least see how we are doing.

The wording of that sentence made me think they'd still show timers, but not save it as a personal record if the team is large. 

Just now, Beric said:

The wording of that sentence made me think they'd still show timers, but not save it as a personal record if the team is large. 

That's not how any boss instances work. If you set the instance to larger than the amount of people they recommend no timers show up.

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

Reducing defense isn't required either. I hate tanky bosses as much as everyone else but that doesn't mean every boss should be like solak-level easy to hit. I think playing around with affinity keeps stuff a bit more interesting. AoD is basically mechanic-less as is.

Yeah, can already achieve 100% hitchance with 4 affinity, raising its LP is just a big 'fuck you' to anyone who's spent time at the boss already imo

The damage you're taking is completely irrelevant anyways so there's no reason to not use zerk auras for the stat boost