Anima vs Virtus

Caspian

I'm starting the invention grind now. I've been informed that when augmenting t80 armour its priority to take Virtus over Anima core as both are degrading when augmented.

Is this true or should I keep my current set of Anima core instead of trading it in for Virtus?

Also, what are the advantages of each set? As all I ever get told is Virtus is better in every situation

virtus has prayer bonus which makes it better than anima core when augmented since both will degrade at the same rate. i would keep the anima core for lower lvl slayer or bossing due to it being non degradable.

3 hours ago, Caspian said:

I'm starting the invention grind now. I've been informed that when augmenting t80 armour its priority to take Virtus over Anima core as both are degrading when augmented.

Is this true or should I keep my current set of Anima core instead of trading it in for Virtus?

Also, what are the advantages of each set? As all I ever get told is Virtus is better in every situation

Augmented Refined Anima is better statwise than virtus but you got to essentially remake it every time it's charges are gone, making it somewhat expensive. Virtus is not far behind statwise + it has prayer and lifepoint bonus. Which aren't strictly important by any means but they are nice minor buffs to have. It's just far cheaper all-around to use virtus.

Let me be clear though and state that if you are buying virtus that you should ONLY be buying the body and the legs. Do not buy the boots and the gloves. You can use silverhawk boots or plain old subjugation boots. For gloves you should be using either a deathtouch bracelet or cinderbane gloves depending on if what you are killing can be poisoned or not. If you can't afford either you could just use subjugation gloves.

As for a helmet you could use a virtus mask but you could also just buy the degrade to dust Zuriel's Hood, it has the same magic bonus but no prayer bonus and is pretty cheap + lasts ages.

2 hours ago, DeathAngels said:

virtus has prayer bonus which makes it better than anima core when augmented since both will degrade at the same rate. i would keep the anima core for lower lvl slayer or bossing due to it being non degradable.

I wouldn't keep the anima core for anything if you need to acquire invention xp. If you need invention xp everything should be augmented. Virtus is honestly fine to use anywhere.

When you augment most things they no longer degrade and need to be fixed. Instead, you run out of charges and they need to be refilled for it to be usable. The exception being T90 armors and refined anima core armors. Anima core doesn't degrade and Nex armor does. However, when augmented they both become the same and just lose charges, except as DeathAngel said Nex armors have added lifepoints and player bonus.

Since Nex armors are 8-13m more, id stick with what you have and augment those. Unless of course you have loads of gp.

By the way, for the virtus helm, top, and legs the difference is 495 added life points and 7 prayer bonus. As Amused said, i wouldn't get the gloves, boots, or possibly even the helm.

Edited by Sir Berry
14 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

Augmented Refined Anima is better statwise than virtus but you got to essentially remake it every time it's charges are gone, making it somewhat expensive. Virtus is not far behind statwise + it has prayer and lifepoint bonus. Which aren't strictly important by any means but they are nice minor buffs to have. It's just far cheaper all-around to use virtus.

Let me be clear though and state that if you are buying virtus that you should ONLY be buying the body and the legs. Do not buy the boots and the gloves. You can use silverhawk boots or plain old subjugation boots. For gloves you should be using either a deathtouch bracelet or cinderbane gloves depending on if what you are killing can be poisoned or not. If you can't afford either you could just use subjugation gloves.

As for a helmet you could use a virtus mask but you could also just buy the degrade to dust Zuriel's Hood, it has the same magic bonus but no prayer bonus and is pretty cheap + lasts ages.

I wouldn't keep the anima core for anything if you need to acquire invention xp. If you need invention xp everything should be augmented. Virtus is honestly fine to use anywhere.

3 hours ago, Sir Berry said:

When you augment most things they no longer degrade and need to be fixed. Instead, you run out of charges and they need to be refilled for it to be usable. The exception being T90 armors and refined anima core armors. Anima core doesn't degrade and Nex armor does. However, when augmented they both become the same and just lose charges, except as DeathAngel said Nex armors have added lifepoints and player bonus.

Since Nex armors are 8-13m more, id stick with what you have and augment those. Unless of course you have loads of gp.

By the way, for the virtus helm, top, and legs the difference is 495 added life points and 7 prayer bonus. As Amused said, i wouldn't get the gloves, boots, or possibly even the helm.

Damn, literally impossible to get  answers browsing reddit and things nowerdays! I think I will just purchase and pair of virtus top and bottoms and keep the anima core unaugmented for anything I do which doesn't give much armour levels.