Action bars

Gentrev

Hey all,

I'm looking for suggestions on action bars. I'm currently using 2h for magic, melee and ranged. I have 90 magic, 99 melee and 95 ranged. I have not done the world wakes though. Need to do a few other quests first. Any suggestions/tips are immensely appreciated clannies!

41 minutes ago, Gentrev said:

I have not done the world wakes though. Need to do a few other quests first.

You do not need to do those other quests before The World Wakes, and I would highly suggest that you don't wait. Sunshine and Death's Swiftness are just too good. 

Good post man. I am also curious about the most optimal action bar, especially for pvm. Right now I just pretty much use the same action bar for everything and I feel like there definitely is a better way to use it.

tbh if you like revo just look up dps for dummies on youtube, the junesong is a good helper at first and then you can change things as you start to learn more

Melee

Ranged

Mage

(click those for each combat style's video)

he has more things as well, just check it out

Edited by Ah ty

So I'll preface this by saying that I have not double-checked any of the math on this, I don't know if it's good or bad or right or wrong, and there may be things that they aren't accounting for in their calculations that could make a difference in the numbers (basically what I'm saying here is, Vig don't get mad at me if this information sucks). However, assuming you're using Revolution, it's all about running the numbers on how much damage your (basic) abilities do and putting them in the right order (please do not use Revolution to activate your threshold or ultimate abilities, you actually have to press buttons if you want to do real damage). So, what if you don't want to read about what your abilities do and do math? Well, people have already done it for you, and googling "RuneScape optimal revolution bar" will take you here. They have a whole bunch of different bars put together including and not including unlockable abilities depending on what you do and don't have. Give it a look. Those "scare tactics" cave horror abilities suck ass, so do piercing shot and wrack, don't have them anywhere close to first on your bar. 

5 hours ago, Deathcon said:

u need help dude

lol nah i dont need help, that is only one of 3 bars i have open, once i have a better computer i will be running max bars on a bigger screen

Just now, Crovus said:

lol nah i dont need help, that is only one of 3 bars i have open, once i have a better computer i will be running max bars on a bigger screen

he's saying that your ability order needs to change, check out the links from Cam L and me :) having low base damage abilities (wrack, piercing shot, and all those melee ones) lowers your damage a ton, with a proper revolution bar you'll see your kill times increase dramatically without any change in effort 

but if you're pressing all your abilities and revo is there as like a fail-safe then by all means keep yours the same, just don't think that'd apply to the original post/question

11 hours ago, Crovus said:

get the world wakes done =)

60b7deace8e403d645b5bc50f79d4262.png

5888dc7c11f19ae7d29b15b73d837cbd.png

19637393936847b9185367cb90e2b32a.png

You need to prioritize the highest damaging basics towards the left of your bar if you are using revolution, and even then you want a lot of manual input so you aren't using something like corruption shot on something with 20 LP left when you got other things to do damage to after. I almost struggle to call these bars okay even if you told me you were on full manual. You literally don't have cleave keybound on your melee bar and that is like your strongest basic.