RS Mobile Beta Combat UI

Blue TooF

kbskRrm.png

To see whos online, or whisper friends that havnt messaged you - You must click the ' Home ' button in the top right corner, to open this window, which will then full screen to whatever else you choose.

Not very user friendly.

17 hours ago, Rafi said:

I've never really used one, but I can imagine a stylus being helpful for all those tiny buttons...

The tiny buttons ( main 7 on the bottom ) are a revo bar you can't use. The larger 12 are semi easier to thumb. But when using the app - its 100% stylus due to clunky feeling when doing anything.

17 hours ago, Wolf said:

oh boy

doesn't look so fun :/ 

ah well :reporter: 

maybe not non combat related things tho 

Noncombats are okay if theres no UI.. So afk mining.. Arc farming.. Both are awesome.

Things like cooking on w99? First of all. THE LAG. Then the UI is super annoying. You click the stovetop ans you get a full screen " cook what " window.

15 hours ago, Veggie said:

RS mobile was a mistake

There are some benefits like afk skilling. But overall - it wont bring new faces to the game. Many resources wasted on an otherwise useless addition to the game.

5 hours ago, Shepherdc88 said:

There are some benefits like afk skilling. But overall - it wont bring new faces to the game. Many resources wasted on an otherwise useless addition to the game.

This is the general thought of current players, but we may be surprised.  It could be that a whole new player base develops around low-click intensity leveling and such that never touches real PvP or PvM.  Honestly, RS Classic could have been a better port candidate to Mobile with it's simplicity.  The complexity of the RS3 combat system and interface is clearly the limiting factor with the port based on the reactions here.

On 10/1/2018 at 12:11 PM, Rafi said:

This is the general thought of current players, but we may be surprised.  It could be that a whole new player base develops around low-click intensity leveling and such that never touches real PvP or PvM.  Honestly, RS Classic could have been a better port candidate to Mobile with it's simplicity.  The complexity of the RS3 combat system and interface is clearly the limiting factor with the port based on the reactions here.

I share this sentiment.

But since the release of the Beta Mobile App, how is everyone liking it?

It ran very well. The interface was an unwieldy mess for anything more intense than afk skilling. The game would force me to the lobby if I switched to another app or opened a webpage. Which was a bummer, as I was imagining the one time I'd want to use this being when I was laying in bed reading a book on my phone.