RS Mobile Beta Combat UI

Blue TooF

I was able to plant mushrooms and check my farm relatively seamlessly earlier. As Jade mentioned, I'm not a fan of getting lobbied when I lock my screen or put the app into the background. I understand why they do it, but they don't lobby you when you minimize the game on your computer so I'd like it if they didn't lobby me when I do it on my phone. 

2 hours ago, Cam L said:

so I'd like it if they didn't lobby me when I do it on my phone. 

Could also be a phone problem - running apps in background may be problematic where its continuing, rather than just pausing ( like most games )

19 minutes ago, Shepherdc88 said:

Could also be a phone problem - running apps in background may be problematic where its continuing, rather than just pausing ( like most games )

Yeah, I haven't really tested any of its capabilities to this point, only checked my farm a couple times while at work. I swear this game runs better on a Samsung S8+ than it does on most computers. Certainly better than it runs on @Tristan's laptop :trollface:

2 minutes ago, Cam L said:

Yeah, I haven't really tested any of its capabilities to this point, only checked my farm a couple times while at work. I swear this game runs better on a Samsung S8+ than it does on most computers. Certainly better than it runs on @Tristan's laptop :trollface:

Yeah, the program ran rather smooth for me (to my surprise), and in some ways smoother than my current OS. I figure it's because only so much is displayed on screen. Then again, there's a lot more to assess. All I did was throw out a combat dummy and attack, and this was right in the middle of Draynor. Chat took a second to get used to using.

EOC seems rather strange to me. I mean, can't use hot-keys, can you? I suppose if you had some sort of attachment onto your phone, but by then why not use an actual keyboard/computer? I'm just curious how the main presenter at Runefest (can't remember his name) stated something around the lines of "Telos can be defeated" and "We have actually seen it be done". With that interface, I just wonder how?

My GS9+ handles it wonderfully. I plan to get a lot of use out of this app. I miss RS being a part of my daily life but cannot justify sitting at my desk all the damn time. 

Side note: This morning I was standing in a cow pen, playing RS, checking on my in-game cows. That got pretty meta. 

47 minutes ago, James said:

Side note: This morning I was standing in a cow pen, playing RS, checking on my in-game cows. That got pretty meta. 

But only RS can bring you pink cows. 

1 hour ago, thegreatwha said:

EOC seems rather strange to me. I mean, can't use hot-keys, can you? I suppose if you had some sort of attachment onto your phone, but by then why not use an actual keyboard/computer? I'm just curious how the main presenter at Runefest (can't remember his name) stated something around the lines of "Telos can be defeated" and "We have actually seen it be done". With that interface, I just wonder how?

Combat is going to be pretty shit unless you're some kind of mobile game god. You can kill things like Araxxor and Telos, but I have no idea why anyone would want to other than just to say they've done it on mobile. I don't know what enrage the mobile Telos kill was on, but I'd wager it was at a level where failing mechanics and having low DPS output is pretty forgiving. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 4:08 PM, Cam L said:

It really is a smart toaster. GOML (H)

Speaking of combat ui on mobile, can any of you use abilities from the "main bar" manually? I can't since the last update, they only activate by revo. And full manual mode doesn't even get a "main bar". Who's brainless idea was that I wonder. 

7 minutes ago, Sreyas said:

Speaking of combat ui on mobile, can any of you use abilities from the "main bar" manually? I can't since the last update, they only activate by revo.

I wasn't able to do this even before the update, and from talking to other people I was led to believe this was intended. :dunno: Super strange that the bar isn't the usual 14 slots long. 

Just now, Beric said:

I wasn't able to do this even before the update, and from talking to other people I was led to believe this was intended. :dunno: Super strange that the bar isn't the usual 14 slots long. 

Weird. I did see on reddit someone complaining that you can't, I immediately went on mobile to check and it was working for me. But since the last update it isn't anymore. 

Also, the bar is only as long as your revolution thing. If you go to combat settings and change revolution size to 14 the bar will be 14 slots long. Not that it helps when you can't use em manually.

Just now, Sreyas said:

Also, the bar is only as long as your revolution thing. If you go to combat settings and change revolution size to 14 the bar will be 14 slots long. Not that it helps when you can't use em manually.???

Ooooooh! This makes so much more sense now, and I wish the game had clearly communicated this to me. I set up a revo++ bar just for bullshitting around on mobile, but couldn't make proper use of it. 

Just now, Beric said:

Ooooooh! This makes so much more sense now, and I wish the game had clearly communicated this to me. I set up a revo++ bar just for bullshitting around on mobile, but couldn't make proper use of it. 

Yeah, lol. The mobile "tutorial" doesn't help much at all. Took me a while to figure it out.

50 minutes ago, Minikillers said:

Damn, actually looks workable. Explain me once you get home how to install this?

The mobile beta is open to anyone who downloads it within the timeframe they release it - its limited - X downloads per ' release '

So you'll have to watch for the next release - and download it from the play store ( android devices )