Weapon Diversity

SkyM

During the stream today they talked about revamping all weapons in the game. This is very early on but some of this is extremely OP. See the google document Jagex shared:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-NVjjlVl4VpJ43LgH5fq5kDsEdddtwLrYYXoyHadaN8/preview

Edit: This document is showing all of the different unique passives weapons will eventually have. It's pretty interesting. Scimitars will heal, daggers will crit every three hits, etc. Some pretty neat stuff. The most broken appears to be fire spells.

Edited by Volkswagen

I'm not too interested in weapon diversity.

Every style has a dual wield and an 2H variant. Then there are tiers between all these. I don't want to have to own a dagger that's perked to hell for a specific monster + a spear that also perked to hell for something else.

It just serves to over-complicate combat when the system we have (abilities) is good enough and the methods we have to organize gear (presets, bank space, cash) are terribad.

I agree with Amused, I didn't think about it like that. That's exactly what will happen at some point too...which will suck. These variants weren't geared towards end game though it seemed.

Artificially adding something to every weapon and spell seems a but spooky to me. Not sure I like the changes to the spells, just want to use air runes tbh.

Edited by Sir Berry

I also agree with Amused, however, I do remember the good ol days where a t60 weapon would still be relevant and valuable (d claws), Im guessing thats what theyre going for here, but tbh there is already a bunch of switchscape + if we have to perk a lot of things that does seem annoying.

--------------

Just read the thing, im not impressed, also with how the tier system works, I dont see myself using a dragon battleaxe ever.

Not looking forward to this haha. Maybe if they added some effect to EVERY weapon (at least from mid to high tier), not just every TYPE of weapon, like praesul wand has a diff effect than seis wand.