Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Controversy

Nex Best

SPOILERS: IF YOU ARE A SUPER SMASH BROS. FAN AND DO NOT WANT ANYTHING SPOILED, DO NOT READ THIS POST!

I have no idea if any of you are fans of Super Smash Bros. or not, but I have played these games for as long as I can remember. There will be a Nintendo direct tomorrow (11/1/18) at 10 a.m. EDT/7 a.m. PDT that is supposed to announce the remainder of the roster. This game is dealing with a lot of controversy due to the fact that it is possible that the remaining roster has been leaked by a disgruntled employee. Basically, a blurry image was leaked via Snapchat showing a banner of all the current characters along with some new characters. This would be an update to the banner that is currently available to the public. An image of the banner background was also showed in the image, which is not available to the public. This leak is known as "The Grinch Leak" due to the fact that "The Grinch" promotional material was also shown in the image. It can be seen in the bottom right corner. Several leakers who are considered highly credible have come out against this leak, saying that it contradicts information that they have been given. That being said, all attempts to debunk this leak have failed miserably and more information has come out in support of its validity. This information includes the name "Eric Bricard" being a real person who works for a company that might design this sort of thing. Below I have posted an image that visualizes the madness that is "The Grinch Leak."

8ad4ff91-fd95-471e-8f6e-3e3a241ca7e1-jpe 

It is also possible that someone has went to great lengths to create one of the most elaborate fake leaks I have ever seen. This would include deep research into several companies and their employees to find a believable candidate whose career they could possibly end and perfectly recreating the background of the banner so that all the characters could be moved around on it in order to make room for other characters. The fake leaker would also have to create character renders for newcomers because none of the new renders showed in this image can be found anywhere other than the banner image. If this is a fake leak, it has been a real headache for the two companies listed in Eric Bricard's LinkedIn page, Eric Bricard, and Nintendo. If it is a real leak, it is highly possible that Eric Bricard and anyone who works under him is now out of a job even though this guy may not be responsible for any of this. The previous Super Smash Bros. game also had a large chunk of the roster spoiled by a leaker. Personally, if this roster is real, I think it is an amazing roster. However, I can't help but feel that if this is real, there will be no moment of awe during the reveal tomorrow.

Does anyone have any opinions on this leak and similar leaks? Is all the hype of your favorite games being ruined by leakers or do you love knowing what is coming? Do you believe this leak or think it is an elaborate fake? Are there any Super Smash Bros. fans in this clan? Will you be purchasing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

i like super smash bros. but havent played any in a while but the leaking of games  is really a bummer cause  u get excited to see whats in store in the game  so basically it just takes some of the fun out of it. thats my opinion 

I dont have much to say on the leaks because i dont have a switch so I didn't bother paying attention to the release info but im sad there still isn't any Golden Sun character that's playable.

I know in either Melee or Brawl there was an Isaac trophy special or whatever though but thats it.

@Kris_Kronkle I was disappointed that he will not be included. I think they are going off of the Fighter Ballot that they used for Smash Bros. 4 DLC and sadly Waluigi did not place in it. I would love to see him in Smash Bros. though.

@Deathcon If this leak is real then Isaac from Golden Sun will be playable. I know that it is hard to see in the image I provided, but one of the supposed newcomers is Isaac. I have personally never played Golden Sun, but everyone I know that has played it always sings its praises. He sounds like he would be an awesome character.

On 10/31/2018 at 1:46 PM, Nex Best said:

@Deathcon If this leak is real then Isaac from Golden Sun will be playable. I know that it is hard to see in the image I provided, but one of the supposed newcomers is Isaac. I have personally never played Golden Sun, but everyone I know that has played it always sings its praises. He sounds like he would be an awesome character.

Ah hopefully its true, he could potentially have nice abilities.

@Deathcon Well the leak ended up being false and Isaac was not included as a character; however, he was brought back as an assist trophy. I'm sad to see he wasn't made a playable character, but at least he was brought back into the game. Hopefully is there is a Smash 6, Isaac will be a playable character. I did some research on him and I think he would be an amazing addition to the roster.

Half the roster is fire emblem xD

I was just thinking about how id like another Metroid character, then i remembered ridleys coming in but he looks massive and wonky kinda like bowser idk, trash tier, wouldve like dark samus that wasnt a copy paste but had her own set of moves

The current state of the game

CHeLzKcUEAA_oPb.jpg

I played a lot of Super Smash Bros (original n64 - still have it!) - and got to play a bit of melee in college, but haven't played any since.  My friends who live across the street both have switches though so I'm hoping they get it and invite us over!

2 hours ago, Rafi said:

I played a lot of Super Smash Bros (original n64 - still have it!) - and got to play a bit of melee in college, but haven't played any since.  My friends who live across the street both have switches though so I'm hoping they get it and invite us over!

You should get it and invtoe yourself over. 

44 minutes ago, John Kleppe said:

You should get it and invtoe yourself over. 

My wife and I have had a rule for the past five years that we’re not allowed to buy a video game system until she finishes her dissertation. Incentive! Hopeful timeline is May...

4 hours ago, Rafi said:

My wife and I have had a rule for the past five years that we’re not allowed to buy a video game system until she finishes her dissertation. Incentive! Hopeful timeline is May...

Not a switch, just the game :xd:

@Alejandra Gotta agree about the Fire Emblem characters but thankfully they have added a few characters that were fan requests to Ultimate. God knows how many Fire Emblem characters will be DLC.