Gaming Laptop, or budget under 300?

Omega Gray

A potato (or a mobile device :lol:) could run OSRS. RS3 you need something a bit nicer if you don't want it to look bad. Even more expensive computers can have trouble running RS3 on higher graphics options smoothly. If you don't care about graphics you don't need that much.

For 300 bucks I think you can run Runescape just fine; other games maybe not that well. Now, if you want to zoom out so you can see lumbridge from priffdinas and can have 20 interfaces and 50 action bars on your screen, you might need a 4k monitor.

Edited by Alejandra

300 barely covers any major part new, let alone all of them. best bet is ebay or craigslist to get something all-around that's a few years old. 

You could get something with an integrated gpu for around $400.00 on sale. Since that's out of your budget I would opt for used. I have no idea how a chromebook or something similar would run osrs. Considering current RS is an un-optimized bear to run even for current gen computers, Chromebooks probably won't fare too well. I particularly remember having my laptop struggle to run runscape in college around 2007-2009 with a dedicated gtx550. ymmv.

Check out old PCS that been redideded lol :lol: 

you can usually get them for a decent price and they are a few years old but can run things smoothly.

Maybe bestbuy or something.

Depends where you live 

• 4 weeks later...

I just got this laptop for $329, I haven't tried it on rs but I know for sure it'll run it with no problem. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-330-15arr-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-3-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-onyx-black/6266402.p?skuId=6266402

I had the model below it which was $279.99..only had 4gb ram (non upgradable) and I got 2-8 fps on minecraft but played rs3 seemingly ok. I'd suggest spending the extra $50~ it gets 60+ on modded minecraft