in what ways do u save money?

Bryce

i use a credit card that gives %2 cash back for anything

i work in retail so i get a discount so that helps also

i rarely drink but when i do i do it at home and maybe once or twice a week ill go eat fast food mostly McDonald

never have smoked

also i abuse free trials of stuff ;)

Edited by Bryce
6 hours ago, Edem Alive said:

Oh ya, this is a big money saver for me as well. I hunt and usually get an Elk and Deer every year, plus we buy half a pig and half a cow. I further save a ton of money by butchering and packaging myself.

I hate hunting. Though I usually go dipnetting every July. Alaska residents can use a 4 or 5 foot wide net on the Kenai River to catch 25 red salmon + 5 more for each person in their house hold to fill their freezer.This is in addition to the normal daily limits with a rod and reel. I'm making sushi sometime next week. Haha

I've come to the realization that not everything I want , I need . Ultimately, any cut backs you do will help you reach your goals .

oh and also recycling can be gas money  :)

I usually go and fish for monkfish or whatever highest food I can every so many slayer tasks I do, just to get some "free" food for a couple slayer tasks. 
Since slayer is a good money maker,I don't do this a lot, but yeah, this can save me a lot on rocktails ^^

• 9 months later...

I typically look at my expenses. If I need $1200 for my expenses per month, I'll set that aside and anything else will be spent on trivial things such as RS. Outside of this if I have any particular goals I'll set money aside for that.

• 5 weeks later...

I earn more - commission based employment, after bills and slush fund to enjoy life I split my remaining money into

50% savings acct 50% stock market - broken into half high risk half low risk.

• 1 month later...

Save money by being on a budget and knowing where everything goes.

If you used up all your "eat out" budget, don't eat again that month.

Being debt free is huge and lets you have the freedom to save more.

The more you can invest early on the better, aka power of compound interest.

Invest in things that spread out the risk such as mutual funds (hundreds of stocks), instead of investing in single stocks. Roth IRA would be my first choice.

4 hours ago, Sir Berry said:

Save money by being on a budget and knowing where everything goes.

If you used up all your "eat out" budget, don't eat again that month.

Being debt free is huge and let you have the freedom to save more.

The more you can invest early on the better, aka power of compound interest.

Invest in things that spread out the risk such as mutual funds (hundreds of stocks), instead of investing in single stocks. Roth IRA would be my first choice.

Yes yes yes yes yes my dude

Pay yourself first, kids. Contributing to a retirement plan counts as paying yourself. How much should you contribute to your retirement plan? Literally as much as you can afford to. If you're young and just getting out of school/starting work, you'll probably never be taxed at as low of a rate as you are now, so make Roth contributions (taxed now as opposed to later). Lots of 401(k)s will put your money in some default fund if you don't change your investment elections - change your fucking investment choices. 

Don't. Spend. Money. You. Don't. Have. 

Learn how credit works. They don't teach this shit in American schools. They should. Do you use a debit card to pay for everything? Stop. Now. Get a credit card and treat it like a debit card. Pay it off in full every month. Never put yourself in a position where you have to pay interest on that shit if you don't have to. Get yourself a fun one that earns you reward points on something that makes sense for your lifestyle and interests. 

So me and my wife have a budget that we use and our fun money that we have left over to spend is converted to cash. That is how we save because when you use cash to spend you always think twice before spending so you don't look like a dumby. We use a credit card for gas, food, basic every day items, and it works for us. As far as retirement that's up to you really. I would say get a 401k at least or if your more interactive do stocks or invest in property and rent that shit out. As far as how much money I would say 15-20% of your Left over spending money after bills should go to retirement this way your retirement is never squeezing you if you go through a rough patch. Lastly stay away from loans, yes get a car loan if its your first car. But anything else don't do it unless your job or house is at risk so extreme case by case only.

Simple: I just make lots of money. 

But real talk-- saving money is not easy, especially if the income you generate has not kept up with the price of living (food, rent, health care, education, leisure, etc.). If you find it hard to save money or can only save money by really cutting back on things (or by living with your parents, not eating, etc.), you should know that it's really not your fault and that this is a serious challenge facing labor all over the world.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Out of Runes

So with a combination of apps like Digit, and fasting everyday till dinner time, I'm able to save a good amount each week. I can generally save an extra $300 each every other month.

• 3 months later...