Intro to 2019

Deathcon

4 minutes ago, Beric said:

This was a strange selection of ranks to tag

I though about Gladiator but i didnt bother checking how many actual people are in the rank and i didnt wanna break anything by sending a billion notifications ##

- Mobile sounds like it's getting pushed back? Wasn't that supposed to be the big update in Jan?

- t92 2h Crossbow - rip sgb, lol. Ed3 better not be a tedious grind and I hope that the Ambassador is a difficult fight if it's going to reward a t92 weapon.

- comp cape rework - why?

- mining and smithing rework - 'why?' - me, circa 1934

:facepalm2:

I really don't want comp to be changed or split between two capes for 'reaper' and 'skilling/questing' type stuff.

I think it's important to have a goal cape in-game that is BIS so that it motivates players to try all the content (or most of the content) the game has to offer.

For me, personally, the BIS aspect of the cape is the least important. I'd be fine if comp maintained its stats, but shared them with another cape. Comp itself should be left alone, or, better yet, beefed up with more "game completion" achievements. 

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

I think it's important to have a goal cape in-game that is BIS so that it motivates players

Hah, nice one.

All it does it force people to buy leeches and pay their way to completion because  most of the rs playerbase is lazy, entitled and dumb.

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

3 "we do this every year but it's still an update right?"

incomplete M&S rework, featuring Mod Jackass making one of the dumbest statements ever: "requiring the same level to mine and smith as they do to wear, which to be honest is how it always should have worked" uh huh in classic any dumbass with 40 mining and smithing should have been able to make the top tier gear, and there should have been nothing beyond those levels, for the love of Zanik fire this guy

2 good updates, a small low-level quest and a decent boss encounter

and yay jagex finally being pussies and giving in to the screaming horde of soccermoms and entitled shitlords "i dont like quests i prefer to afk boss while playing fortnite and not listening, how dare you not include me in your groups, i have social anxiety please get rid of group bossing for comp, it isnt that im a fucking lazy unskilled piece of human garbage", it's like the fat acceptance movement, just go further and further into condoning lower standards. it is like a 0.8% DPS boost, wow that is problematic these guys can only do 50k dpm lets crank that shit up to 50.4k dpm wowee wouldnt want anyone to feel excluded. while we're at it can have deaths swiftness and sunshine unlocked by default it's so disgusting that we actually have to spend an hour doing a quest to unlock those cmon jagex people have full time jobs aint nobody got time for that, locking content behind quest and level walls is so unfair to those of us with little free time, dont listen to those basement dwelling toxic elitists

We'll be 18 lads, but despite that, we still won't be a dating site.

in all seriousness, im okay with all these updates but im just waiting for new bosses that arent elite dungeons LOL :D

Edited by ah ty
7 hours ago, Cam L said:

I haven't even watched the video and I already think all of this is so fucking stupid. 

These were my thoughts exactly. I now hesitate to watch this video.

4 hours ago, Veggie said:

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

3 "we do this every year but it's still an update right?"

incomplete M&S rework, featuring Mod Jackass making one of the dumbest statements ever: "requiring the same level to mine and smith as they do to wear, which to be honest is how it always should have worked" uh huh in classic any dumbass with 40 mining and smithing should have been able to make the top tier gear, and there should have been nothing beyond those levels, for the love of Zanik fire this guy

2 good updates, a small low-level quest and a decent boss encounter

and yay jagex finally being pussies and giving in to the screaming horde of soccermoms and entitled shitlords "i dont like quests i prefer to afk boss while playing fortnite and not listening, how dare you not include me in your groups, i have social anxiety please get rid of group bossing for comp, it isnt that im a fucking lazy unskilled piece of human garbage", it's like the fat acceptance movement, just go further and further into condoning lower standards. it is like a 0.8% DPS boost, wow that is problematic these guys can only do 50k dpm lets crank that shit up to 50.4k dpm wowee wouldnt want anyone to feel excluded. while we're at it can have deaths swiftness and sunshine unlocked by default it's so disgusting that we actually have to spend an hour doing a quest to unlock those cmon jagex people have full time jobs aint nobody got time for that, locking content behind quest and level walls is so unfair to those of us with little free time, dont listen to those basement dwelling toxic elitists

Again I haven’t watched, but maybe he’s referring to the start of RS3/EOC as there weren’t actually tiers prior to that.

The game was originally designed to have rune as the highest skill-obtainable gear. It was still OK when boss-drop and questwall dragon gear came out because it wasn’t too overpowered compared to rune. Problems didn’t start until god wars was introduced along with OP weapons. 

Like Amused said, I hope ambassador is actually hard. Kinda has to be dropping T92. Should have been a T92 harpoon, cause you know...fishes (jk).

In regards to comp, what is it people want? Particles? Bis stats cape? You can't have bis combat cape if you aren't willing to learn and get on teams. You shouldn't have particles unless you are willing to complete the content in the game.

So we split the cape into max/quest/achievements cape and also have a combat cape? Who gets the particles? People are going to want to combine the combat and that other thing together... Also people are going to want the combat cape, cause it will be the cool one with bis stats, which gets us right back to where we started.

The argument that Jagex can make more difficult bosses if they remove reaper is probably bs, cause they probably wont actually do it. If it is actually true, then fair enough, but i doubt it.

All of this is Jagex's fault, not being consistent with adding reqs to comp, and pandering to entitled children.