Combat QoL / fixes

Deathcon

These are all pretty exciting and have been things that should have been done centuries ago.

I am hype.

6 minutes ago, Cam L said:

This first part with the SGB spec demonstration at Telos was so well thought out :reporter:

When they tested bladed dive then it didnt work bc they had mobile perk on huehuehue

The conversation that they had around 39-40ish minutes was kind of interesting to me. There was a brief discussion about whether they'll introduce a lot of combat updates into the game like this all at once in the future, or if they'll put them out bit by bit as soon as they're completed, and the fact that that's actually a question they had to go back and forth on is mind boggling to me. Assuming that there's no additional cost to introducing something as soon as it's done over introducing a bunch of things at once, why the fuck wouldn't you fix the game as soon as you have the fix ready? That shouldn't even be something you have to think about. I don't get enjoyment out of reading a whole bunch of things listed on the patch notes for one week, I get enjoyment out of the game working. 

^All at once means they can make it a headline update for a week. As it's ready means that they become minor footnotes and don't appease the portion of the community that goes apeshit when they don't get a weekly update

1 hour ago, Douglas said:

^All at once means they can make it a headline update for a week. As it's ready means that they become minor footnotes and don't appease the portion of the community that goes apeshit when they don't get a weekly update

But they can appease people even with a small shitty update. One week the /r/runescape front page was filled with threads praising Jagex for making Tirannwyn Quiver teleports infinite rather than 5 charges.

11 hours ago, Cam L said:

The conversation that they had around 39-40ish minutes was kind of interesting to me. There was a brief discussion about whether they'll introduce a lot of combat updates into the game like this all at once in the future, or if they'll put them out bit by bit as soon as they're completed, and the fact that that's actually a question they had to go back and forth on is mind boggling to me. Assuming that there's no additional cost to introducing something as soon as it's done over introducing a bunch of things at once, why the fuck wouldn't you fix the game as soon as you have the fix ready? That shouldn't even be something you have to think about. I don't get enjoyment out of reading a whole bunch of things listed on the patch notes for one week, I get enjoyment out of the game working. 

I also expect it would make the unintended bug trouble shooting easier as there's fewer possible interactions to troubleshoot. 

Honestly, thank Zanik you posted this. While watching I noticed that you can attack while moving and disabling ability queuing makes manual and life so much easier. :facepalm: