MD IS CHESTING

CalmingVoice

When did you retire? Pre-RS2? 

We really thrived in the transition to RS2 combat mechanics and pioneered many warring techniques (while having a ton of fun). We remained a community-first high level warring clan for many years in RS2. At one point we were even ranked #1, but we maintained top 10 status for the better part of a decade. In 2007 the clan nearly folded when a ton of pvp-only members left, but the core memberbase rallied together and we bounced back with a stronger core than  ever. In 2013 when RS3 (“EOC”) was released it completely demolished the existing clan scene in the game by fundamentally changing combat to be more PvM focused than PvP focused, and we also barely survived that transition. Once again we bounced back and have a super chill community-focused clan that has continued to grow and prosper until today. For many years now we have been the oldest active Runescape clan around, and probably by a good margin. 

Thats the last 15 years in a nutshell. 

Didn't you like loan a dragon chainmail to somebody in Gladz and they took off in the night? Then we kicked them and tried to help you with your loss? 

I know that also happened to Lazerus Shad, so hopefully I'm not mixing up your stories. 

I also remember when you first got promoted to Rider. It was a well-earned promotion but I was a bit jealous of you for some reason lol. 

I haven't played runescape since the transition to EOC, as Rafi mentioned above. I just lurk on the forums now and again these days. 

Damn, everytime one of the golden oldies comes back to visit it brings up the feels. haha

Edited by Seike

The phrase "MD IS CHESTING" brought back another classic phrase that, at this point, has no good reason to still be bouncing around my brain. So as to exorcise it once and for all: 

I CAN MAKE MONEY BY MINING

On 2/8/2019 at 3:19 PM, CalmingVoice said:

That's no fun, but Sikikmfg242. Pleased to meet the new leader. I was Council back in the days of Sneaky One. Still the same old Gladz? 

Hey dude!

On 2/10/2019 at 11:03 PM, Seike said:

The phrase "MD IS CHESTING" brought back another classic phrase that, at this point, has no good reason to still be bouncing around my brain. So as to exorcise it once and for all: 

I CAN MAKE MONEY BY MINING

FLAM ME BEG FOR STUFF. 

What up Sikik,

Thirddegree kind of just vanished off in the night one night back in late 05 if I remember right, I haven't seen Lazerus in probably as long as it's been I've seen your name floating about. Abomnt got brought up recently in the last 6-8 months I believe. Natasha pops up every few years and I haven't seen Joe or Jerico since 06.

the title brought back some of the nostalgia lol.

30 minutes ago, Mkm2384 said:

What up Sikik,

Thirddegree kind of just vanished off in the night one night back in late 05 if I remember right, I haven't seen Lazerus in probably as long as it's been I've seen your name floating about. Abomnt got brought up recently in the last 6-8 months I believe. Natasha pops up every few years and I haven't seen Joe or Jerico since 06.

the title brought back some of the nostalgia lol.

Turns out Third was in jail for a while. Years later when released he checked in once but then never came back. I still had him added and saw his account get “hacked” a bunch of years ago when Jagex was handing out MIA old school accounts on a silver platter to anyone with an IP address and email. Aka all old school players in a clan as pretty much all old school forums large and small were compromised over the years. 

On 2/13/2019 at 1:04 AM, Rafi said:

Turns out Third was in jail for a while. Years later when released he checked in once but then never came back. I still had him added and saw his account get “hacked” a bunch of years ago when Jagex was handing out MIA old school accounts on a silver platter to anyone with an IP address and email. Aka all old school players in a clan as pretty much all old school forums large and small were compromised over the years. 

Dang I never knew that, Third used to always look out for me when I was training at the earth warriors back in the day. I always thought highly of him, hopefully he got things sorted out.

1 hour ago, Mkm2384 said:

Dang I never knew that, Third used to always look out for me when I was training at the earth warriors back in the day. I always thought highly of him, hopefully he got things sorted out.

Oh no doubt. Third was the man. So much clan spirit. Never found out what he did to land in jail though. RS is and was a great way to check out of life stresses, and I don’t think any of us knew anything about him outside the game, but the best part is you can check your real life drama at the door and just chill with your clannies and be a part of something bigger than yourself. Kind of like playing team sports as a kid. 

Don't want this to become quote heavy and take up the page. I haven't used forums in a while and I'm not sure what the current etiquette is on that.

Linda, I think I remember you. Hope you're doing well. Thank you thegreatwha. Very appreciated.

Rafi, that's crazy. What exactly was RS2? I know I played in classic and the transition into 3D. RS2 was after 2006 or so? I had no idea the transitions would have destroyed so much. I can't imagine what it did to DI at the time. Whatever happened to them? I also know there was another clan allied with us next to BK and Jagz. I can't remember, though. Thanks for the rundown. 

What up, Deathstar? Doing well? 

Seike yes haha. Were you really around that long? Yeah it was Mazenb555 and Fenix_Kiros who did it back when I was still a scrub, and I wanted to leave but everyone told me to stay. I remember dueling him later on in the wild in front of a bunch of people and losing, but he wanted to give me back the stuff I lost. I still do not understand what was going through his mind to this day. 

Orlando, Johnnyr, Erador, Mkm, Taz so many older faces still here. It's truly amazing. What's the latest? Thanks for the update Mkm. Interesting to hear what happened to everyone. 

That's crazy about Third, man. How did you find out he got jailed? He was an ultra bro, and the reason I stopped using shorthand internet speak while typing and started using full sentences and punctuation at all times, even in texts. Always looked up to him. I actually had his number and called him up one time. You may not know but from what I remember he had a couple of inoperable brain tumors and the doctors said were benign. That's what I remember from the convo. 

The transition to the more 3d style graphics was RS2- but more importantly than graphics it also changed combat from primarily 1v1 locked battles to full on multi-way combat. 

I did not know about Third’s tumors. Scary stuff, even if benign.  Brain tumors can very much change peoples personalities depending on the part of the brain they’re in. I believe we heard about the jail thing when he popped by the forums once at the time (multiple years after disappearing cold turkey). We unfortunately never saw him again after that. If you still have his number you should try to get in touch! Today’s Gladz’ 18th birthday after all! 

Damn dude, hopefully everything ended up alright for Third, benign or not that's pretty rough.

Di was fine in RS2, pretty much the dominant P2P player on the scene. A number of us from Gladz ended up in DI, Ewhenn, Sayonara Man, Geezerpunks, Destroyer25, Kyle7280 or what ever the numbers in his name were lol. They closed with the the removal of the wilderness update after getting stomped by DS in F2P for a year or more., basically they lasted until RS3. They came back with 07 scape for a couple years before calling it quits again.

BK ended up spying on Gladz if I recall properly and they had a war after. BK ended up winning although I think they cheated... hard to remember everything from back then.

Hope life's treating you well bud, adulting ain't what it's cracked up to be!