Elite Dungeon 3 Released

Rafi

Done it? Tell us all about it! I still have to beat ED1.  

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/elite-dungeons---shadow-reef?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news#_ga=2.46682913.781815599.1551194836-1682940330.1445578175

SHADOW REEF

By now you’ve likely conquered the sandy pillars and steps of the Temple of Aminishi and successfully traversed the burning depths of the Dragonkin Laboratory. But even if you haven’t, the time has come to take the plunge and tackle the watery challenge of The Shadow Reef as the Elite Dungeon trilogy draws to its epic conclusion.

Player_in_mouth.jpg

Players must descend ever deeper into this multi-levelled underwater abyss and prevent a ritual designed to summon an ancient evil to Gielinor. This story driven adventure takes you to the realm of the dreaded Ambassador, although he is just one of three bosses and loads of minibosses – many of whom are voiced – that players will have to face if they are to emerge triumphant.

Also look out for the player-named boss – we’re certain you’ll spot them when you see them!

Successful adventurers can, among other things, lay claim to a new rare tier 92 two-handed crossbow. The Eldritch Crossbow must be assembled from three pieces – the stock, limbs and mechanism – and also boasts the Split Soul special attack.

Also up for grabs are black stone arrows. These are also tier 92 and have a special effect of reducing a target’s defence. They are created via fletching after unlocking the recipe from the reward shop using the arrowtips dropped from the dungeon. Elder logs can now be fletched into elder arrow shafts, which are a new ingredient for these arrows.

On top of this there are three new sigil blueprints – Dragon, Demon and Undead. They can be bought from Bryll. They each require 50 black stone hearts, 1 cut onyx and 30 resilient, silent and oceanic components respectively to craft.

demon_slayer_sigil.png

To get started on The Shadow Reef, head to the boat east of Daemonheim. Note that you no longer need to have completed any of the Elite Dungeons to access the others. There are no level requirements, although be warned that the combat is aimed at higher levels – this is definitely the toughest of the three Elite Dungeons.

Top ?

ELITE DUNGEONS

There are also a few incoming changes to the other Elite Dungeons, Temple of Aminishi and Dragonkin Laboratory.

Note: We originally promised an update to Chargebows for this update. However, some last minute issues have arose so we've had to pull it from this update. We'll be trying our hardest to get it to you as soon as possible!

• The Spotlight system is rolling out to Elite Dungeons. Each day a different dungeon will offer a trio of bonuses to players (+25% Dungeoneering experience, an extra miniboss, -20% death reclaim costs).
  • We are slightly tweaking the loot found in Temple of Aminishi – don’t worry, it’s a buff!
  • Also incoming are boss timers for the Elite Dungeon bosses, allowing you to track your best performances – and of course, compare them to your friends.
  • For this update, we have two boss pets for you to check out. Details below!
  • Ambi (1/300 solo drop rate with a threshold of 60 in solo, or 1/1500 group drop rate with a threshold of 300). Should you be able to kill the Ambassador there's a chance you may snag this incredible pet!

Ambi.png

• Bisdi (1/300 solo drop rate with a threshold of 60 in solo, or 1/1500 group drop rate with a threshold of 300). If you have the inert black stone crystal drop from the Dragonkin Laboratory you'll now be able to activate it to claim this pet!

Bisdi.png

Dcon and Amused carried me through. I thought it was fun, but I've liked all of the Elite Dungeons, so your mileage may vary. 

Got an achievement on the first boss without even being in the room :reporternana:

I don't understand what they did with the ED2 pet. Why do you have to complete an entirely different encounter to unlock it after getting it as a drop? No other boss pet works this way. You don't have to do ED2 or ED3 to unlock the Seiryu pet. There's literally no reason for it. It's not like unlocking it is particularly difficult, but it just makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, Beric said:

And why in God's name did we wait 6 months for a pet that is just a shrunken boss model. 

^

I really enjoyed it so far. I like that I haven't been able to solo the last boss in a few tries yet. A fitting finale i think.

4 hours ago, Beric said:

And why in God's name did we wait 6 months for a pet that is just a shrunken boss model. 

They have said this numerous times but - it isn't a shrunken model. They can't just shrink a model down and have all the animations/textures/etc work right. They have to basically redo all the things for pets which is why pets are always a monumental task.

---

As for the ED - I think its a quick fun bout in a trio. My solo experiences thusfar have been too few and I can't really give my real take on it yet. I'm guessing I'm going to just not like the 2nd boss for the most part.

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

I'm? guessing I'm going to just not like the 2nd boss for the most part.?

Undead slayer/salve ammy / new sigil work on the necromancer fight.

didn't have much luck in my trio attempts, the one time it had 14k hp left and then we failed lol (always with 1 complete beginner to pvm) so I decided to try it solo today, the first two bosses are very easy if you're relatively paying attention, click to reveal below if you want spoilers of my ed3 strats in a solo:

sorry in advance that i use commas instead of periods a lot, periods are too formal to me haha

Spoiler

for the first boss i just stood to either the west or east at all times (never moving cause cba, except for when it goes either north or south) and just rotating reflect/debil/cade/immort L0L i didn't like running back and forth so this is more fun for me/ can be done on higher ping for any aus/nz ppl hehe,

2nd boss i really just face tanked idk eventually he stops healing so idk how to fail it as long as i have enough food, just kill everything that spawns and it's pretty straight forward

and the final boss actually made me work wtheck so sad.. I went in with basically what i'd use as a minion tank at aod in armour/weapons but then i brought hench food cause cba dying to lack of food (10 sailfish soups and like 40 super saradomin brews) died like 5 times rest in pieces to my yak whenever i forgot to wear ring of death (i kinda knew the mechanics after my trios) hardest parts are prayer flicking for the big blue mage ball with everything else going on, and then standing in the right spot for when the bugs spawn so you dont die to the super beam of death. i was normally north west but idk theres supposed to be 3 spots to stand at least rite cause trios exist, anyways then after ur finally done with bugs spawning (happens a few times) the hard part is just prayer flicking to mage against the blue ball and basically waiting for all the hands to spawn around u, then uh if he says ur name in chat (you actually have to read chat cause he can say more than 1 thing on tick ffs) pray magic 100000% and then devo or reflect+debil, this works as a rotation almost always.. eventually if u take too long i think devo will still be on cd for a second or so but enhanced devo should save u if u pray magic and you can res or fish+brew, uh then the blue balls still happen during this time which is annoying but watever u get used to it LOL, then uh the only other thing during this that i was doin is standing wherever the white clouds were spawning from, i guess making him face them makes them not heal him/stop spawning so thats like a constant ring around the rosey kinda deal.. i dont think magic is the best style either since i never was able to sunshine during that last part with the hands since i was always too scared of the mage spam hits when he calls your name. but then i killed him and got like 400k so POGGERS@!@ 

I'll probably never solo it again, and maybe trio if it's completely for memes, but i wont be doing this for any type of money lol

I got my solo kill in today. Ambassador is a very good fight imo. It rewards knowledge of the bosses mechanics/attacks on top of having good DPS/positioning. You can't just full send DPS in the final phase, you need to be wary of what you got in terms of adren, health, and defensives.

I was freaking the fuck out near the end, it felt like killing rax p4 for the first time years ago. Really fun. I'm going to do mostly trios for now but if the pet hunt there doesn't go well I'll look into doing solo consistently.

2 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

I got my solo kill in today.

Congrats! That was hard earned :reporter: