Mobile Beta - 50k more spots soon

Beric

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/rs3-mobile-android-beta-cap-increase-incoming

RS3 Mobile Android Beta Cap increase incoming!

We’re delighted to confirm that we’re raising the player cap for the members-only RuneScape Mobile Beta!

Across Tuesday March 5th and Wednesday March 6th, a further 50,000 spots will be opened up for those wishing to explore Gielinor on Android devices. The cap will be raised in two batches to ensure adventurers on both sides of the globe have the opportunity to get involved. Specific timing will be announced next week, both here and on our social channels.

The RuneScape Mobile Beta continues to develop and grow. Recent updates include an overhaul to the NPC chat system (making chat clearer and easier to navigate), the introduction of more intuitive action bars and improvements to looting. There have also been a lot of interaction refinements to improve the recognition of tapping, swiping and dragging.

This cap increase is another step along the road to an open beta and, ultimately, a full release. Details on iOS availability will be announced at a later date

Of course, being a Beta, you should anticipate some imperfections. We are working very hard on ensuring RuneScape on mobile is every bit as playable as RuneScape on desktop, and we actively encourage players to send us their thoughts. Every bit of feedback helps. You'll be able to post your feedback on our new forum section that opens on Tuesday!

Full details concerning eligibility, restrictions and technical details can be found in the FAQ.

Thanks ever so much for your ongoing support.

------------------

The RuneScape Team

I don't even use iOS but the fact that they haven't even gotten beta access yet means this is still far out imo.

I just want them to finish this up. Pls.

Soon they're open beta because they'll have more spots open than there are active players. /S

On a serious note, I might try and get mobile rs! 

7 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

I don't even use iOS but the fact that they haven't even gotten beta access yet means this is still far out imo.

I just want them to finish this up. Pls.

Apple doesn't allow "betas" on the app store

Edited by Edem Alive
Just now, Edem Alive said:

Apple doesn't allow "betas" on the app store

o rly

RIP iOS users when they get a broken release that has to be fixed after.

Yeah, Apple keeps a tight ship on quality control.  That said, it's far and away developed enough at this point that I bet it would qualify as a regular app.  Jagex probably doesn't want it to be published as non-beta though.  Just as Old School RS exploded with the full iOS release, they are probably anticipating the same for RS3, and don't want the general public to assume the beta is the final version. 

I'm secretly glad it won't work on iPhone yet.  I just lost my assistant at work so the next few months are going to be pretty rough, and it would be hella distracting to have RS on my phone. 

Um I have a question.

Does my play store email have to be the same as my Runescape email for me to download the Runescape mobile app?  

3 minutes ago, Morrobeast said:

Um I have a question.

Does my play store email have to be the same as my Runescape email for me to download the Runescape mobile app?  

Nope! Mine are entirely different. The download isn't linked to your RS account at all. 

3 minutes ago, Morrobeast said:

LESS THAN 30 MINUTES TO RELEASE!!!!

And then go to sleep! 

Do you just go to the play store and download this? I thought you had to get an email invite?

2 minutes ago, Afternine said:

Do you just go to the play store and download this?

Yessir. 

2 minutes ago, Afternine said:

I thought you had to get an email invite?

That's what they were doing when it was still a closed beta, which it no longer is. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Chosen Gods said:

Anyone have access to this? How is mobile runescape?

The interface is a convoluted mess, but it runs well. Pretty okay for afk stuff.