Very Short Rant

Grav

I'm tired of the way perks/boosts/etc are implemented in game. Sometimes I don't do certain activities (pure laziness) because I don't want to spend the extra few moments making sure I have all the proper boosts/perks and such. 

For example, while fishing right now in order to get the best xp/hr I have:

• Granite Lobster familiar
  • Juju potion
  • Crystal rod with specific perks
  • Fury shark outfit 
  • Decorated Urns
  • Call of the sea aura 
  • porters when doing wobbegongs

I find it irritating dealing with all these "extras" for 27 skills in order to inch closer to that goal of efficiency. Anyone else feel the same?

Edited by Grav
typo

Yup, it can be kind of overwhelming and even annoying at times. At the same time, though, nobody's making you do it. Just have to decide whether putting in the extra time and/or effort for each boost is worth it to you.

Those don't bother me, except for skilling familiars. I'm not quite sure why, but familiars firmly cross the line of what I can be fucked to deal with. 

Yeah.  Worrying about all that maximization on the day to day makes the game less enjoyable for me, so I ignore much of it unless it's dxp.

1 hour ago, Cam L said:

At the same time, though, nobody's making you do it. 

True, I guess I'm just always trying to be at least somewhat efficient, even if half of what I do in game is afk. Maybe I just need to take @Rafi's advice and ignore it at times lol.

1 hour ago, Haze said:

So basically skilling is irritating 

Agreed

I mean even combat has overloads, aura's, pocket slot, armour perks, bonfire boost, thermal bath.... I think it's just management of the perk/boost system that's irritating. 

don't forget the new burners from the fm update so you gotta burn all those torstal burners for 2% extra exp and for combat you have kuwarm for bonus poison damage, spirit weed for titan spec, and I believe lants to extend overload timer (don't think its cost effective tho unless you are coming for 2+ hours  straight. auras are terribly designed cause it takes forever to get them and for pvm it essentially dictates when you can actually boss cause why bother bossing if mani isn't up 

Yeah, it's all the same to me. The difference in time taken to skill is what all those perk bonuses are all about. If the difference in time saves me say, 24 hrs of skilling on that specific skill, then there is no point getting all those little additions and better to just grind it all out. But to each their own, right?