Black Mirror

CosMoe

1st episode:

I thought it was good from the standpoint that it'd make people question what a relationship is in this day and age where virtual worlds can exist. And whether or not getting your rocks off people 'real' people in a 'fake world' is cheating or not.

I don't know my stance on all that, other than I am p dang sure I'd be mad if I was his wife.

2nd episode:

Actually got me emotional towards the end. I hated the ending though. But that made it feel like a true black mirror episode. It had some interesting commentary in regards to privacy and our lack thereof when it comes to corporations owning all our data. The government itself has less access to who we are as a person and it's far more restricted in what it can do and how quickly it can gain information. Facebook can literally just go through your shit.

3rd episode:

The BEST description I saw of this episode was that it was a Disney Channel movie with some adult themes. A fangirl somehow finds herself in a situation where she gets to meet her idol and then save her from her evil manager? That shit has to be a disney movie if it isn't already. I am very tired of the 'memories in VR' aspect in black mirror now. They keep importing minds into tech for a lot of their episodes and I'm bored of it.

I think Miley Cyrus is p cool tho, so that was neat.

Overall this season was short, but felt a bit better than the previous season before bandersnatch.

4 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

And whether or not getting your rocks off people 'real' people in a 'fake world' is cheating or not.??

also it opening up the conversation on sexuality in a setting like that. 

p dang sure I'd be mad if I was his wife.?

She seemed pretty happy to get some irl from someone else though. You know that compromise was all orchestrated on her part. She had the game - she has control of it now. 

Also - Roxette is mantis from GoG lmao

1 hour ago, Veggie said:

Just watched the first one. Surprised anyone showed up to future birthdays after what he did to those burgers.

Josh and I were joking about this too. He got upset about burning one and then just L E A V E S the grill. 

Also I swear his shirt was on inside out in the first scenes at the club. 

- Episode 2

13 hours ago, Bryce said:

the 2nd one i almost stopped watching it was boring.

Maaaaaan a lot of my friends said the same thing! I really enjoyed Shut Up And Dance and this one felt more like a tragic comedy with how his plans kept getting fucked up. It feels so relatable in a sense. All that planning and still it doesn't help in a situation like that. 

Actually got me emotional towards the end. I hated the ending though. But that made it feel like a true black mirror episode.

It made me cry. They did a fantastic job on portraying the depths of his grief. 

It had some interesting commentary in regards to privacy and our lack thereof when it comes to corporations owning all our data. The government itself has less access to who we are as a person and it's far more restricted in what it can do and how quickly it can gain information.

+1. I felt for the mom wanting to know more. Having lost friends to suicide it connected with me personally. I will say it's odd questioning privacy when one is dead. I'm not a mother who has a lost a child so Idk what I'd do in that situation. I can say full heartedly I wouldn't want to go through any friends social media accounts to get possible answers. I feel like that just opens up more cans of worms. :x 

-Episode 3

That shit has to be a disney movie if it isn't already.

I feel that but I read an article about the writer(s) talking to the lead of NiN and he really liked the narrative of a musician being more successful dead than alive. 

It was over the top evil manager style though - kinda like Heroes Reborn lmao. 

I am very tired of the 'memories in VR' aspect in black mirror now. They keep importing minds into tech for a lot of their episodes and I'm bored of it.

As soon as Ashley Too was shown I was like huh that's like the pods form White Christmas and then I remembered all the tech in Black Museum. Kinda was boring real quick. Loved the limiter being removed sign me up for a little one of those fire balls lmaooo.

Josh made a good point about how was it only two younger girls who removed the limiter and no one else.

Overall this season was short, but felt a bit better than the previous season before bandersnatch.

Wish we had more :x 

1 hour ago, Haze said:

Meh

respectable.  

Edited by CosMoee