RIP Sigils

Deathcon

From todays livestream:

Sigil Slot

What the fuck are you doing jagex, stop fucking nerfing everything.

13 minutes ago, Edem said:

Doesn't seem like a nerf to me seems like a big buff, you can have all your sigils on one bar now that pretty dope.

Yeah first lets:

-Give players more bars cause evidently adding more abilities to click without giving more space seems cool.

-Theyre abilities now which means they incur GCD, that 6 seconds of limitless you get? Thats 4.2 seconds now.

And what basis do they have for:

We made this change mostly because:

• Returning players found it complicated and unfamiliar.
  • We haven't done the sigil slot much justice over the years.

1) what is complicated about it and why do this just because new players cant learn.

2) yeah no fucking shit, you never added anything worthwhile to compete with limitless all but like 3 sigils are fucking garbage.

• It doesn't really do anything for us.

Uh, you just threw a wrench in the economy, how many jmods stockpiled mats beforehand.

1 hour ago, Deathcon said:

Returning players found it complicated and unfamiliar.

So...how is this any less "complicated"? 

They just seem to be complicating things for no reason and releasing a half baked update. I would be more ok with the decision if they worked off GCD and didn't interrupt abilities. But they're gonna release something broken and just fix it later, and who knows when they will actually fix it. 

So, they wanna cater this to new players.

Now we're adding abilities, okay....How are they going to know about these abilties? they arent gonna show up in ability books till you unlock them.

My old suggestion that was on a poll to be added  to make all abilities shown so people actually know they fucking exist.

god, why is Jagex so fucking incompetent.

If they work off gcd it’ll be interesting to say the least. Can use dragon/demon/undead slayer sigilo on top of limitless for so dummy thicc rotations. Ingenuity of the humans will have no upkeep cost so much more feasible to use in most situations. It’s sad that if it stays on gcd it’s gonna be a hard nerf and if not than it’s a buff in certain situations

edit: this is probably just gonna turn into a big brain jmod merch where they sell high during this panic and then announce Monday they won’t go through with the change after “player feedback”

Edited by Kris_Kronkle
5 minutes ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

this is probably just gonna turn into a big brain jmod merch where they sell high during this panic and then announce Monday they won’t go through with the change after “player feedback”

Lets hope I don't get 3k sparks then

i'll actually click my sigil more if it doesn't degrade to dust also there are barely any situations where limitless is good to use since it needs to be a specific situation where you have low adren and very little time to do damage, i see some people adren pot and then sigil in a plain sunshine but this ends up leaving you with bad basics so it's not ideal

if they make sigil abilities work off gcd or even just don't make gcd happen after they are used then it'll be sick, and still super situational. having a sigil switch for solak or duo hardmode rago was real dumb so it doesn't really matter lol 

7 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

I do t get y if you already have the digit y don’t you already have the ability technically I have the ability to use it right now y wouldn’t I after the update like I got Alzheimer’s or something?!

5 minutes ago, Chickensauc3 said:

I do t get y if you already have the digit y don’t you already have the ability technically I have the ability to use it right now y wouldn’t I after the update like I got Alzheimer’s or something?!

You have to make the codex to learn the ability. They're just turning your sigil into the raw materials needed for that. 

31485b58d8a9a21bb758cb48f9fc9fc2.png

I don't need to ask, but what was their plan before this? :sly:

47 minutes ago, Chickensauc3 said:

They are basically removing them and making you pay for them again before you can use them. Sure they refund the comps you payed for already but they cost 2x to make now.

18 minutes ago, Edem said:

They are basically removing them and making you pay for them again before you can use them. Sure they refund the comps you payed for already but they cost 2x to make now.

Yeah I know they should repay the cost I put into them I’ve recharged both multiple times I’ve already payed over double for them