Vindi action bar - revo

Markyyyyy

Hey, looking for some advice on my current action bar that I'm using.  I have recently become quite comfortable with killing Vindi but I think there is some room for improvement DPS wise.
I've posted my current action bar below.   It is currently a work in progress, particularly the keybinds!

YJmToew.png

I have come to terms that I will never be a pro pvm'r, but would like to attempt rax and nex.  But I will most likely need to do it on revo,  my brain can't handle too much at once haha!

When killing Vindi I just revo, pray switch and shield switch (my most recent technique learned :lol:).  

Any advice or improvements are welcome :)

Edited by Markyyyyy

I would really advise you to at least manually use your thresholds. It'll take some practice to be comfortable with, but that's a lot of control that you're currently giving up. 

54 minutes ago, Beric said:

I would really advise you to at least manually use your thresholds. It'll take some practice to be comfortable with, but that's a lot of control that you're currently giving up. 

Reiterating this.

Turn off auto-retaliate ( i notice its on in the picture, idk if you keep it on, does more harm then good)

For vindy atleast you should make use of Slaughter, she moves quite frequently so its an easy use of the 3x damage boost when the target is walked/moved.

Use a better shield than a rune square. Resonance healing is based off shield tier, currently you're getting shitty heals using it vs something like a t90 which are cheap.

If you're 99 combats get the combatants cape from Priff ( put defense + str cape into it for perks). Str cape perk makes dismember your best basic iirc.

Are you prematurely cancelling "Fury" ? By that i mean, once fury is used dont let it complete its poor damage / adrenaline loss compared to using another ability as soon as the GCD allows.

Dismember should be used over smash (188% vs 157% ability), so I'd switch the location of those 2. I would definitely suggest taking your thresh off revo activation like suggested above. 

No one has talked about fury on your bar yet. Fury give your next ability a higher crit chance, however it's also a channeled ability and it increases in damage which would make you think you need to do all 3 hits, but even on the 3rd and final hit it's one of your weakest hitting abilities. So it should be used before a big ability such as cleave or a even a thresh, but you cancel on the second hit, which is when your abilities come off of cool down. This is something you will manually have to do. If you are going full manual with no user input at all I would put fury as the last ability to be used. 

I use full manual since I hate revolution and not having control of my abilities, but maybe someone who uses revolution more can input some better advice. I always suggest learning to use full manual so your ability bar combination wont matter, but that always get frowned upon for some reason. 

Heres my bar, note that I don't use revolution and I use both DW and 2h when I melee

3vDZxee.png

Edited by Catbutts
1 hour ago, Edem said:

Why u not have sacrifice and food on a secondary bar mr kitty

No need with dw and 2h, i can have all abilities spread between 2 bars

9 minutes ago, Catbutts said:

No need with dw and 2h, i can have all abilities spread between 2 bars

I mean, you use them for other styles as well right? So are you wasting those spaces on every styles bar?

6 minutes ago, Edem said:

I mean, you use them for other styles as well right? So are you wasting those spaces on every styles bar?

Only magic ability I dont have keybound is smoke tendril which I'd never use anyways, so it all works out.

Just now, Catbutts said:

Only magic ability I dont have keybound is smoke tendril which I'd never use anyways, so it all works out.

## so ur wasting like 8 spots, even more if you throw barge in there too

3 minutes ago, Edem said:

## so ur wasting like 8 spots, even more if you throw barge in there too

I could fill my action bar up with low damage abilities that I'd never use sure, but why would I

Just now, Catbutts said:

I could fill my action bar up with low damage abilities that I'd never use sure, but why would I

This confuses me because if you have sacrifice on 4 bars you are doing exactly that.

2 minutes ago, Edem said:

This confuses me because if you have sacrifice on 4 bars you are doing exactly that.

I only use sacrifice on my melee 2h bar

Basically what has already been said... Activate your own threshold abilities.

Canceling fury after two hits is important.

You usually want to prioritize assault > hurricane > quake while berserk is active.

Slaughter is pretty powerful when you can walk/move the boss, but it is not boosted by berserk.

3 hours ago, Catbutts said:

Dismember should be used over smash (188% vs 157% ability), so I'd switch the location of those 2. I would definitely suggest taking your thresh off revo activation like suggested above. 

Dawg. I mean, cat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/4esjhm/lunging_perk_analysis/

Dismember says 188%, but that isn't really what it does. It does 120.59% average, which if translated into a "normal ability" (average 60% of max) like how Dragon Breath says 188% (112.8% average) then it would be 200.98%. With Strength skillcape perk, it hits 8 times instead of 5, so that becomes 192.94% average or 321.57% "normal" (max). With Lunging 3 but no skillcape, it would be 144.16% average or 240.27% "normal". With both Lunging 3 and skillcape it would be 230.66% average or 384.43% "normal". For comparison, Hurricane is 265% average and 441.67% "normal".

If you're planning on sticking to melee revo and you have t90 weapons, you might want to get Mutated Fury codex. It makes the Fury ability revo'able.

Amazing, thanks for the replies!  I don't think I'm planning to learn full manual as I don't boss often enough to justify it, and prefer a more chilled approach I guess/  can't handle everything at once.

I'll spend some time adjusting my bar just now and see what improvement can be made :) Currently I'm killing Vindi in 2:05 to 2:20 on average.  Shall see if I can get it a bit lower!

21 hours ago, Deathcon said:

If you're 99 combats get the combatants cape from Priff ( put defense + str cape into it for perks). Str cape perk makes dismember your best basic iirc.

I don't have max stats yet (95 att, 93 str, 99 def) but I'll defo keep this in mind for when I do.

21 hours ago, Deathcon said:

Use a better shield than a rune square. Resonance healing is based off shield tier, currently you're getting shitty heals using it vs something like a t90 which are cheap.

Oh, I did not know this.   Should I just get malevolent?  And is there any point in augmenting it?

18 minutes ago, Markyyyyy said:

Should I just get malevolent?  And is there any point in augmenting it?

Yes and yes, Turtling 3 perk buffs baricades duration to 13s though you shouldnt need that unless you're doing some high end bosses.

Unaugmented for now is fine.

Just done an hour at Vindi with my reworked revo bar.  My kills are consistently under 2:00 now and even hit a new PB of 1:38, smashing my old one!  Still getting used to the new keybinds and had a few sweaty moments, but the kill-times don't lie. 

eWZrpNz.png

Thanks for the helps!  Now hopefully I can get rid of that dry streak...