Herblore training

Gladz Brent

I'm just gonna drop this here.
Just some math to calculate potion cost/profit, assuming i lucked out and the math is correct <: (if the math turns out to be wrong, i'm just shitposting)
*I haven't added any exp boosting items like botanist outfit, wise, avatar, etc... just add those yourself*

Just download a copy, the file is view only so you can't accidentally mess it up for others. 
Only use the 'box' that applies to you, all boost combinations should be on the spreadsheet.
Change the yellow cells to adapt it to whatever potions you're trying to test.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yb5fmRUTvLO3AKuOTs9U1NhyDCok3RWu3LAV1KdukXg/edit?usp=sharing

Happy herblore training :banana:

EDIT: Mistakes were found, abort mission, stop using the sheet I was shitposting, i'll try to get it fixed.

EDIT 2: : Credit to sAS for finding a major mistake. Its fixed now (i think xd) but redownload the spreadsheet or you'll be using scuffed math.

Or if you just want to change your current sheet up that you've changed already, in the cells calculating

Example: 

botanist amulet: =((J9/3*4)*0.05)-(D9/20/5) --> =((J9/3)*0.05)-(D9/20/5)

Factory outfit: =((J9/3*4)*0.1) --> =((J9/3)*0.1)

Basically just don't multiply by 4 in the rows of botanist amulet and factory outfit.

@Sas @Beric @Arahan @Minikillers @Dnovelta idk who else is using it but idk how to @everyone who read the post

Edited by Brentje97
Mistake in math

Thanks! There are a few variables that are really hard to add to this, like well and add on stacking to rarely give you 3 pots, and missing proc chances on botanist amulet by it activating early in the inventory, but as far as I can figure the math is correct here.  What I learned from this is that I've basically only been earning gold pieces by making the unfinished pots myself.

Actually, I found a pretty big bug.  When factoring your profits from botanist amulet and factory outfit you shouldn't be multiplying by 4, just dividing by 3, you are just getting an extra dose, not a whole extra potion plus a dose.  If checking to see if its profit, you shouldn't be factoring the dg scroll, because that is saving your upfront cost, not the actual Herblore being profit.  Also you need a table without the botanist amulet, because cheaper potions will not be profit from it.

@Sas This is the shit i've been looking for, i noticed profits were gigantic but couldn't figure it out. Imma fix the extra dose thing.

For the dg scroll isn't saving money the same as less costs? LIke money not spend is money made, kinda.
I'm not really sure how to add that.

And yeah i'll also add another table without botanist amulet.

Edited by Brentje97
  • 4 months later...

The spreadsheet takes everything into account: saved ingredients, extra potions made, extra doses made. All effects are taken care off. 
You just need to look for the one with the boosts that you have access to:

ex: wells, botanist amulet, modified botanist mask and scroll of cleansing

All you gotta do is fill in the variables although I must admit it's not as clear as I'd like it to be, I couldn't be bothered to clean it up but do ask questions if its not clear.