Pokemon Sword/Shield

Bobby

On 11/20/2019 at 10:31 AM, Cam L said:

Someone tell me whether or not it's worth buying a Switch to play this game, please & thank you :)

Get a switch anyway. 

So far enjoying it, I have to agree with Broggini though. Definitely needs more wild areas or an expansion. 

On 11/20/2019 at 1:31 PM, Cam L said:

Someone tell me whether or not it's worth buying a Switch to play this game, please & thank you :)

On 11/20/2019 at 12:55 PM, Bobby said:

Anyone try it yet? Thoughts?

12.jpg

looks soooo sick, by far the coolest area in any pokemon game id have to wager.

4 hours ago, Damin said:

Get a switch anyway. 

I'm going to Australia & New Zealand in January, I need something to keep me busy on those 20+ hours of flights (Y)

I was going to buy a switch just for this but the general attitude of Gamefreak was a major turnoff and I'm unsure where I'll land on whether or not I cave. This is the first time that I haven't been excited for a new game. :jade:

On 11/20/2019 at 1:31 PM, Cam L said:

you get a switch for Zelda, Smash bros, Mario's.... the snes and nes games on switch online are nice however

My wife got it. She is enjoying it but disappointed that it’s not more open world.  It’s basically a modernized version of the original game. Said the first 30 minutes she did nothing but push the “A” button. 

I’ve watched her play a few times now and it looks like it was designed for young kids. Also unbelievably repetitive. I never played the original though so I don’t have the nostalgia factor I guess. 

Breath of the Wild, on the other hand, has been incredible. And this is the best smash since melee. 

• 1 month later...

new pokemon direct announced 2 DLCs

pokemon sword/shield expansion pass, $29.99 buys both DLC

Pt.1 - Isle of Armor [Drops in JUNE]

Pt.2 - The Crown Tundra

More mon's more legendaries, tons of new content

On 1/9/2020 at 12:12 PM, Deathcon said:

new pokemon direct announced 2 DLCs

pokemon sword/shield expansion pass, $29.99 buys both DLC

Pt.1 - Isle of Armor [Drops in JUNE]

Pt.2 - The Crown Tundra

More mon's more legendaries, tons of new content

I think the best part is you arent required to buy the dlc to get the mons if you dont want (pokemon home or trade)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been slightly obsessed with SwSh! I can't wait for the new DLCs. Especailly the Galarian-form Kantonian legendries