Hidden away

Deathcon

What I can confirm right now is that Archaeology will be arriving a little later than we said at RuneFest. The update is so close to being where we would like it. In truth we could release it next month and it would deliver on much of your expectations (we’re thrilled with the gameplay!) but I feel that with some more QA time and polish we can deliver a better release at a higher visual standard.

Archaeology has been a significant development effort (we’ve been working on it for over a year) and I’m convinced the best move is to give it the opportunity to fulfil more of its potential. The Land Out of Time raised the visual bar for the game, and we have to ensure that Archaeology maintains that standard.

However, in its place I can reveal a new update. A lot of you have been asking for it, and in early 2020 we’re really excited to be able to offer the PvM Hub, now known as War’s Retreat, which came out of our autumn Game Jam. Previously the reserve of Max Cape owners, War’s Retreat is being bought into the game proper and is your one stop shop for all your bossing needs. We’ll have a lot more details to share after Christmas.

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/c=3Xoe3KdjMI4/year-ahead-a-message-from-mod-warden

Thoughts on a what seems to be delayed Archaeology and instead PVM hub?

ive been saying all along that we're not getting arch in Jan.  :turtle:

' One stop shop for bossing needs ' -- seems like they want to make a max guild with perks available to everyone?

Very consistent with their track record. At least they're trying polish it as much as possible instead of half-assing an update, which is also consistent with them.