PVM Hub

Deathcon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Epic Jam

THE BELOW PROJECTS ARE A WORK-IN-PROGRESS. DESIGNS CAN CHANGE AND ARE NOT FINAL.

PvM Hub - The Garden of War

Worked on Mod Ryan, Mod Iago, Mod Breezy, Mod Alex, Mod Phoenix/Luke F, Mod Deadly, Mod Cel, Mod Camel

• Accessed via a door in Death's Office.
  • We want this to be just as smooth if not better than those using the Max guild.
  • Ironman can do everything. Considering whether F2P should/shouldn't have access.

Entrance

• War - One of the riders of the Apocalypse. He will give an intro as well as provide a shop.
  • A Bank Chest - For players to access the bank. (No Grand Exchange)
  • A Campfire - A permanent fire that provides the bonfire boost. (Default boost is regular logs, but can be upgraded).
  • An Altar of War - Restores Prayer/Summoning points.

War's Shop

Marks of War Currency - 1 Mark is obtained for every 3 minutes spent in a PvM Encounter with a timer.

Unlocks | Upgrades | Consumables

Unlocks Boss Kills Upgrades Cost Consumables Cost
Hub teleport 10 Oak campfire 5 Marks of War Aura refresh (tier 1) 5 Marks of War
Portal 100 Willow campfire 5 Marks of War Aura refresh (tier 2) 10 Marks of War
Altar of War 200 Maple campfire 5 Marks of War Aura refresh (tier 3) 25 Marks of War
Adrenaline crystal 1000 Yew campfire 5 Marks of War Aura refresh (tier 4) 50 Marks of War
    Magic campfire 5 Marks of War Life refresh 15 Marks of War
    Elder campfire 5 Marks of War  
  • Hub Teleport - Teleports you to the PvM Hub. The teleport requires no runes and is found in your spell-book.

• Campfire upgrades - Requires 1000 logs of the respective type and the previous/subsequent upgrades.

• Aura refreshes - Will be balanced so they don't completely devalue viswax and so that there's still a rotation of auras.

• They will remain in the Reaper store.

Portals

• 3 Portals: 1 Provided | 1 Reaper/Seasonal | 1 Unlocked
    • The Reaper/Seasonal portal will automatically re-attune to your assignment for free.
    • The Reaper/Seasonal portal maybe be swapped if there is an on-going seasonal hiscore or a new boss release.
    • Portals will display a picture of where the are attuned to.
  • The Portal Attunement interface has been improved.

• Re-attune cost is 100k or free if you have 100 KC (Final Boss req) of that boss.
    • Attuning a portal to a boss requires at least 1 kill of that boss.
    • Still looking to do even more improvements.
    • Sorted by boss release date. (Not alphabetized because it would be re-ordered as we add new bosses.)
    • These portals here don't have the 4 slayer creatures, but the Max Guild one still does.
  • Adrenaline crystals are next to every portal and can raise your adrenaline to 100% once they are unlocked.

Dummy Area

• Similar to the Lumbridge Combat Academy.
  • May add a notice board for seasonal hiscores if they ever occur.

Grouping Area

• While in this area, icons will appear above your head indicating if you are looking for a group or group for a particular boss
    • Works based on the Grouping System.
  • Right click Invite on players.
  • Upon completing a group the icons will disappear.
  • Currently the icons will only appear in this area, but based on feedback we could have them appear anywhere.

Achievement Hub

• Contains pedestals that display boss/combat pets you've unlocked.
    • They'll initially appear empty but when you unlock a pet it will appear on them.
    • They will only be seen by you.
    • When you examine it it will display your KC for the respective boss.
    • If you've completed the collection log maybe trim the pedestal. *An idea where each pedestal set will have assets of each boss area to make a diorama like in a museum.
    • Example: A little GWD1 theme'd area around the GWD1 boss pets.
  • PvM related outfit stands displaying various outfits.
  • There's plenty of room for expansion as we add new bosses.

Other

• Not sharded primarily due to adrenaline gain where taking you out of a shard would remove adrenaline.
  • Max Guild Details:
    • The Max Guild Boss Portal re-attune cost will be free.
    • Locking the boss portal behind the Max guild isn't a good design, even if it ruins the reason why some people went for max.
    • We'd like to do more to the Max Guild in the future, but for skills rather than bossing
  • There will be a PvM Hub Themed world.
  • Dummies will still be used depending on the situation, so the adrenaline crystals don't completely devalue them.
5 minutes ago, Chopper75 said:

When is this being released? 

Sometime in January. 

-----

And this is a great change! I have no idea what Marks of War are, but I'm happy to see any way to get important auras without twiddling your thumbs and waiting for loyalty points. 

42 minutes ago, Beric said:

Sometime in January. 

-----

And this is a great change! I have no idea what Marks of War are, but I'm happy to see any way to get important auras without twiddling your thumbs and waiting for loyalty points. 

Sweet hopefully early January and I think they might be received from killing bosses perhaps but I might be wrong

43 minutes ago, Episel said:

I cannot wait to see more PvMers!!

Bro I’ve been waiting on this so I can do faster runs Lmao so is this getting rid of the kc needed to enter the gw1 and 2 or is it just gonna tele you right outside 1 and the entrance to the heart lmao 

Yeah, what Beric said. I have most all of these auras, but still need to get used to maximizing their potential. If anything this reminds me to looking forward to beatin' up them bosses! :)

43 minutes ago, Chopper75 said:

so is this getting rid of the kc needed to enter the gw1 and 2 or is it just gonna tele you right outside 1 and the entrance to the heart lmao 

Going to assume it works the same way the Max Guild portal does, which dumps you in front of the KC door, but does not remove the KC requirement. 

Just now, Beric said:

Going to assume it works the same way the Max Guild portal does, which dumps you in front of the KC door, but does not remove the KC requirement. 

Thats gonna be lame :( 

Just now, Chopper75 said:

Thats gonna be lame :( 

How? It removes of all the time you waste traveling to the boss. You can even toggle it to instantly end up in the Nex bank room while wearing ceremonial robes. Not to mention all of the bosses that don't have KC in the first place. 

The boss portal is a HUGE quality of life upgrade. 

33 minutes ago, Beric said:

How? It removes of all the time you waste traveling to the boss. You can even toggle it to instantly end up in the Nex bank room while wearing ceremonial robes. Not to mention all of the bosses that don't have KC in the first place. 

The boss portal is a HUGE quality of life upgrade. 

I like the update Im just hoping it isn’t gonna be like the god wars tele I got from the mighty fallen where it just teles me right outside now if it puts me in nex bank hell Yeah that would be faster :P

30 minutes ago, Chopper75 said:

Im just hoping it isn’t gonna be like the god wars tele I got from the mighty fallen where it just teles me right outside 

This is where the boss portal puts you for Helwyr and Kree:

573047e20773753a04422bdf617f8bb5.pngfc21656ad3fd543f98224c7d7f59681b.png

14 hours ago, Deathcon said:

The Reaper/Seasonal portal will automatically re-attune to your assignment for free.

Dangaroni 

Portals will display a picture of where the are attuned to.

This sounds fancy.

While in this area, icons will appear above your head indicating if you are looking for a group or group for a particular boss

While this is pretty cool, I'll be shocked if it sees much use. 

The Max Guild Boss Portal re-attune cost will be free.

Sexy 

On 12/19/2019 at 2:10 PM, Beric said:

I have no idea what Marks of War are

A new currency that is earned during boss encounters that contain a timer. You earn 1 for every 3 minutes spent with a boss timer ticking away.