Soloing Araxxor & Nex

Izpohai

Title says it, but damn... I have to be unlucky with both. When I solo Araxxor the damn thing melees me when I'm ranging, and the minion path just spawns the little spiders so fast... Nex on the other hand, she straight up hates me... When I range her, she hops on my dick pretty much and straight melees me too. I try to run around or even back and forth by fumas.. I've watched so much videos on both, that I have the top tier setup for range, but still.. Both do things off the bat, that I'm not ready for or setup for. Both damn near melee me off the start.. Anyone whos experienced with both, that know how to somehow stop them from meleeing?

Rax shouldn’t melee if you are ranging if you pay for an instance or are using an araxyte pheromone. As for nex she actively seeks to melee you if you are weak to it which happens when ranging. Some people bring hybrid armor with not range boots to make her range during 2nd phase instead of run md but I don’t like that. If she runs up on you just surge away and she will probably stop trying for a bit

27 minutes ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

Rax shouldn’t melee if you are ranging if you pay for an instance or are using an araxyte pheromone. As for nex she actively seeks to melee you if you are weak to it which happens when ranging. Some people bring hybrid armor with not range boots to make her range during 2nd phase instead of run md but I don’t like that. If she runs up on you just surge away and she will probably stop trying for a bit

Nex chases me down every time I use surge, I've tried so hard to run and end up eating so much food. She won't stop chasing me.

Are you paying for an instance for rax? If not - are you bringing a pheromone with you?

Rax should be using magic on you if you are using a ranged weapon.

Aside from that - the minions she spawns can be pretty quickly dealt with. Can I ask what you do during each phase and what rotation is araxxor on when you're trying? 1-2 or 1-3?

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

Are you paying for an instance for rax? If not - are you bringing a pheromone with you?

Aside from that - the minions she spawns can be pretty quickly dealt with. Can I ask what you do during each phase and what rotation is araxxor on when you're trying? 1-2 or 1-3?

Not paying for an instance, but I am using pheromone. Just get the thing down to 5k hp and go into the left tunnel to begin next phase, and then try to deal with the spiders. But I am doing everything manually. The last run I did I was doing fine, then all of a sudden, after two auto attacks it did a cleave and ko'd me. 

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

I've been swapping from c'bows to my nox bow. It's becoming too much for deaths. :x

At Nex, I feel like I'm wasting too much time. She goes ham on my ass, and I can't ever get a hit on her, because I'm trying to get her into range/mage mode.. Failing way too much at Nex. Haven't found a video on a fight dealing with her melee crap.

As mentioned above, if she starts meleeing you, you can always try and walk her around the room and you should be able to get her down to phase pretty fast. Make sure you use fragmentation shot when walking her. If you are also talking about her going md to you during shadow phase and giving you that bleed, just surge away like what Kris was saying and she should stop. You can actually surge away and stay away from her for a few seconds afterwards to almost guarantee she won't continue to melee you and apply the bleed.

3 hours ago, Episel said:

As mentioned above, if she starts meleeing you, you can always try and walk her around the room and you should be able to get her down to phase pretty fast. Make sure you use fragmentation shot when walking her. If you are also talking about her going md to you during shadow phase and giving you that bleed, just surge away like what Kris was saying and she should stop. You can actually surge away and stay away from her for a few seconds afterwards to almost guarantee she won't continue to melee you and apply the bleed.

Uhm, didn't know of framentation. Hm, perhaps i'll give it a go again. 

4 hours ago, Izpohai said:

But I am doing everything manually

As in, you are not using revolution?

You haven't really described your plan of attack here. It's hard to give solid advice unless I know what you are doing in each phase.

Like - are you getting araxxor to 5k health in the first minute before or as the web burns down? Do you have any kills? What are your killtimes?

For dealing with minions you should use AOEs (easier with melee/mage) or just quickly target them as they come down. When araxxor does the 'minions' spec her 2 front legs curl under her and then she throws them up and tiny spiders come out. That is how you know it's coming.

Minion sets, the X's represent when the special minion comes out (mirrorback or pulsing):

00X00

0X000

X0000

Knowing this protects you from accidentally killing yourself to a mirrorback or being to slow to kill a pulsing before it heals too much.

29 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

As in, you are not using revolution?

You haven't really described your plan of attack here. It's hard to give solid advice unless I know what you are doing in each phase.

Like - are you getting araxxor to 5k health in the first minute before or as the web burns down? Do you have any kills? What are your killtimes?

For dealing with minions you should use AOEs (easier with melee/mage) or just quickly target them as they come down. When araxxor does the 'minions' spec her 2 front legs curl under her and then she throws them up and tiny spiders come out. That is how you know it's coming.

Minion sets, the X's represent when the special minion comes out (mirrorback or pulsing):

00X00

0X000

X0000

Knowing this protects you from accidentally killing yourself to a mirrorback or being to slow to kill a pulsing before it heals too much.

I get health down to 5k as the web burns, and once it's health is in the right spot, I quickly head into the path and come back out to first area to bring araxxor down to 5k health again, then proceed to p3.

I swapped over to mage for araxxor, and i've handled well.. But for some reason, I either miss counted the auto attacks or it was a back to back fluke that it used two abilities in a row. My last run I would have killed araxxor/araxxi but I ran out of food due to the fluke deals. I haven't killed araxxor yet, just figured I should get into the higher pvm bossing. I've been hanging around gwd2 to ease into ability base bosses. But still, for some reason... Nex and Araxxor aren't easy as most video make them be.

Edited by Izpohai
33 minutes ago, Episel said:

They will become easy with time. It’s all just practice and experience. You’ll get the hang of it in no time!

I feel like that won't happen. Nex apparently hates me. Araxxor has gone smoother in the last few runs. Nex just goes ham instantly. D;

Just now, Izpohai said:

I feel like that won't happen. 

Never say never! It took me over 15 attempts to get my first QBD kill a few years ago! And now I'm doing all the bosses! You'll get there if you keep trying!

14 hours ago, Episel said:

Never say never! It took me over 15 attempts to get my first QBD kill a few years ago! And now I'm doing all the bosses! You'll get there if you keep trying!

Well the death cost is really deterring me.. 30m in cost.. :x

2 hours ago, Episel said:

Are you using a ring of death?

No, ring of vigour.

This is what araxxor is doing every time I fight it either with range or mage. Araxxor comes down does two auto attacks - special either cocoon, web shield, or cleave, - one auto attack - special again.. Literally that's what is happening to me. My anticipation and freedom are literally on cooldown by the time it does a special again.. I've watched countless videos and where it's normally four auto's then a special and couple autos then special again.

For range I'm running, augmented asc c'bows/nex bow, dark bow,  bakriminel bolts e, pernix, nightmare gauntlets, reaper necklace, flarefrost boots. With scrimshaw  of cruelty, and reckless aura + ring of vigour. 

Magic is damn near same, minus SoS and chaotic shield to heal. Augmented virtus, cinderbanes, ragefire boots.

Literally Araxxor has been so so, still dying with the incorrect specials... But Nex is the same outcome.. Goes ham on me, even if I get space, literally like five seconds max, and then shes meleeing my ass again. 

Hell.. I've spoken to Protoxx and have the same setup (slightly different, no max cape). But yeah... I've gotten araxxi down to 10k and just kos me. I use too much food in the beginning, all because it either does two autos or four.. And I can't have the same consistency. 

I'm honestly annoyed by Nex and Araxxor.. Any other boss in RS that I face, I do just fine against.. But those two.. Nope. Straight unlucky.. 30m in death cost is too much of a red flag. I get dying since I've come back seven months ago, but still, 30m is too steep for my liking. Now I need to go grind out 30m to cushion my stack again. 

Oh yes.. It spawned more then 20 spiders.... I count the spiders I kill, minus the eggs that get destroyed by the fireball thingy. Not sure if it's some glitch or pure unluck. I'm learning towards.... I'm just unlucky.