Looking to upgrade my computer desk!

Chopper75

So I have had the same computer desk for a couple years its just a little cheap Walmart desk that is currently falling apart but I have been looking on amazon for my newest one I can't decide which one and wanted to know if any of y'all had any recommendations whether it be on amazon or another site. Any help is appreciated :D

I'm also in the market for a new desk. Wayfair has tons of reasonably priced options (warning: quality from that site varies and you generally get what you pay for), though as @AmusedDragon can attest there are A LOT of pretty comically bad options on the market. 

1 hour ago, SirColin said:

I hear buying alex drawers and a table top from ikea is pretty good "custom" desk
You would take the two drawers and a table top to make something like below.

Do note that the desk literally just sits on top of the drawers, there is no connection point. If that matters.

34 minutes ago, Cam L said:

I'm also in the market for a new desk. Wayfair has tons of reasonably priced options (warning: quality from that site varies and you generally get what you pay for), though as @AmusedDragon can attest there are A LOT of pretty comically bad options on the market. 

Window shopping for nutty shit is quite a pasttime.

I actually got this desk from Target, it works great for me, it's called "OneSpace 50-JN110500 Ultramodern Glass L-Shape Desk"

GUEST_0edd0da2-b947-4796-8f57-63fc463862

On 1/8/2020 at 9:35 PM, AmusedDragon said:

Do note that the desk literally just sits on top of the drawers, there is no connection point. If that matters.

Window shopping for nutty shit is quite a pasttime.

You should be able to drill in from the drawers up into the bottom of the top with relative ease, could be a simple DIY with a drill and some wood screws. 

I have the corner desk. These are my suggestions, there's plenty of space underneath to add to your desk to suit your needs. I find this better than buying one with pre-built drawers. 

Height is adjustable on both to suit your needs. If you have cabinets or whatever to place underneath them. 

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/bekant-desk-black-stained-ash-veneer-black-s69282592/

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/bekant-corner-desk-right-black-stained-ash-veneer-black-s99282864/

23 hours ago, Damin said:

You should be able to drill in from the drawers up into the bottom of the top with relative ease, could be a simple DIY with a drill and some wood screws. 

I have built a few of these for friends/work. If you are super not handy you can always do a few 'L' brackets and call it a day. I personally will typically use a kreg jig and mount it from the bottom cabinets into the top slab.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend bought 2 drawer sets from Ikea and then bought a 6 ft countertop to put over the top of it and he said he loves it and he wont ever buy anouther premade desk again.. Maybe look into that? 

• 4 months later...
XaedanGaming

Bro I have been researching building a computer desk for the longest time and there are a few decent videos on youtube of custom builds using premade countertops from Ikea. 

That being said, all the shopping I've done and I don't think its possible to get something exactly how you want by just poking around online.