Looking for general advice

Wartxfacex

Hi everyone

I need to get reaccointed with mosts aspects of the game so i'm just going to throw some general questions out there. I havent had the chance to quest much ( most quests released after the desert treasure quest havent been completed yet) and i need to get used to all the new combat gear and perks.

1. What quests would be the most important to do asap?

2. Apart from gaining access to the ancient curses, are there any other unlockable prayers/spellbook/gear i should want to work towards to be effective in bossing and general combat?

3. Where should i start at to practice boss fighting? And if possible at 111 combat, mid 80s atk,str,def and magic. 70 ranged 61 prayer and 50 summoning 46 dungeoneering which boss or raid could i take on?

4. Is dungeoneering an important skill to level up to gain game perk?

You are more than welcome to suggest anything as well. I dont have much more for now. Ive been reading and watching videos about the the game but i still need to learn a lot for this is a completely new game than the one i originally leveled this account on.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Edited by Wartxfacex

1. plagues end for access to prif. this also paves the way for seren spells like crystalize which is great for skilling. world wakes has no requirements and unlocks the best ultimates in the game (sunshine and deathswiftness)

2. mazcab abilities are pretty strong and are like 15-16m a pop so fairly cheap. id unlock corruption shot or corruption blast first (depends on if you use mostly mage or range), followed by onslaught and then shatter/stormshards. for mages guthix staff is a good spec weapon you unlock via the mage training arena in the wildy you have to use some spell like a ton of times but its worth it cause the spec applies 2 affinity and hits pretty hard. and lastly but certainly not least, do the fremnik elite tasks (or hard if thats all you can manage at the time) to get access to enhanced or normal excalibur which can be activated to heal like 40% health over a certain amount of time and doesnt cost adren and can be used off global cooldown.

3. most bosses these days have practice mode just do that til you are comfortable

4.dungeoneering is cancerous imo and has minimal importance asside from a few resource dungeons and the motherload maw (requires 115 dung and 90 in all non elite skills have fun). 

im sure im missing things but thats what seemed important off the top of my head. obviously 96 herb for overloads and high prayer for curses is important and maxing for boss portal is neat 

5 hours ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

fremnik elite tasks

Seers but yeah.

5 hours ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

maxing for boss portal

With pvm hub soon that wont be needed, though iirc u can change mg one for free after.

8 hours ago, Wartxfacex said:

What quests would be the most important to do asap

As much as your gonna hate this answer, just take 5-10 mins and go through the questlist, take a look at the rewards and work toward getting most master/grandmaster quests done. The amount of XP you get handed is worth it. Some noteable ones i like to get done:

Plagues end + Within the light

Ritual of the Majarrat

Children of Mah

River of blood ( access to t78 all style augmentable weapon)

World wakes ( 2 good ult abilities )

If you can be bothered heres 2 amazing things to work on, although it can be annoying.

Bladed dive ability from Shattered World minigame

Double Surge codex from Anachronia agility course (wear luck rings on course for more pages)

8 hours ago, Wartxfacex said:

fighting? And if possible at 111 combat, mid 80s atk,str,def and magic. 70 ranged 61 prayer and 50 summoning 46 dungeoneering

Work on prayer/summoning for sure. Dg isnt THAT important other than niche item unlocks having requirements. Look into DG tokenfarming Elite dungeon 1 (can YouTube this) you should buy:

Bonecrusher

Ring of vigour

Prayer necklace (split dragontooth or demonhorn)

30/60/90 dg&prayer req for tier 1/2/3 prayer neck

If you're going to buy your prayer xp look into dinosaur bones.

Thanks for the advice. I wouldn't have figured all that out so quickly, there is just so much content to go trough now i have an idea where to focus.

Thanks again and if anything else seems important  just let me know

7 minutes ago, Wartxfacex said:

anything else seems important

If you really want to better yourself and get ready for higher end bossing, now is the time to learn/start using defensive abilities like resonance/devotion/reflect/freedom/anticipate/barricade.

Learning what they do and how to utilize them becomes important to conserve food which makes you eat less and lose less adren over the course of an encounter, thereby increasing your damage output.

Gwd2 bosses can let you make use of defensive abilities pretty well to get used to them. Id watch a few guides to get an idea of what you should be doing then try to emulate that.

15 hours ago, Wartxfacex said:

Hi everyone

I need to get reaccointed with mosts aspects of the game so i'm just going to throw some general questions out there. I havent had the chance to quest much ( most quests released after the desert treasure quest havent been completed yet) and i need to get used to all the new combat gear and perks.

1. What quests would be the most important to do asap?

2. Apart from gaining access to the ancient curses, are there any other unlockable prayers/spellbook/gear i should want to work towards to be effective in bossing and general combat?

3. Where should i start at to practice boss fighting? And if possible at 111 combat, mid 80s atk,str,def and magic. 70 ranged 61 prayer and 50 summoning 46 dungeoneering which boss or raid could i take on?

4. Is dungeoneering an important skill to level up to gain game perk?

You are more than welcome to suggest anything as well. I dont have much more for now. Ive been reading and watching videos about the the game but i still need to learn a lot for this is a completely new game than the one i originally leveled this account on.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

In regards to

#1: Depends what you're looking to gain. I would advise checking out: https://runescape.wiki/w/Quests/Experience_rewards for quest rewards, and working towards the biggest rewards for skills you are working on. I HIGHLY recommend getting the Armor of Trials from the Quest Store right by the Varrock Loadstone. Makes quest bosses 100 times easier, can be upgrades to T75, and won't cost you anything if you die. 

#2. I'm fairly new to bossing so I'm stuck with you on this one. But as mentioned earlier, Corruption Shot, and Corruption blast should set you back about 30-40 mil, but make combat training SO much easier. 

3. Definitely practice mode on the Beast Tab in your settings. But I admit, I haven't used it much. Even though I should lol.

4. Yes and no. There are some solid rewards (Bonecrusher, Charming Imp, Bonetooth Necklaces), but after those items, its mainly used for quests from what I can tell. Theres a reason there are hardly any people in Daemonheim anymore. If you're looking for a buddy, I volunteer, I'm trying to clear floors myself. 

Hope you get what you're looking for :) 

Still haven't decided to set a long term goal yet. Im just excited to try out all the content.  But so far you've all been helpful.