Important Poll

Cam L

Are you an asshole if you recline your seat on an airplane?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an asshole if you recline your seat on an airplane?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Yes, but it's okay on a long flight (5+ hours).

Since this has been a recent topic of discussion on the internet, I thought I'd collect opinions here. For the purpose of this exercise, assume that every seat on the airplane is taken (i.e. you're not reclining into an empty seat behind you). 

I voted no, I hate when people don't accept the fact that they crush my knees, and keep forcing it down.

But... it's a function, please use it with consideration.

36 minutes ago, Isurugi Noe said:

But... it's a function, please use it with consideration

I'd make sure the person behind me was okay with a bit of a recline in my seat.

35 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

I'd make sure the person behind me was okay with a bit of a recline in my seat.

This but only if it was the last few rows in the plane

I had my entire row to myself on my way home from Australia. The row behind me had someone in the aisle and window seats, but nobody in the middle. I like my window seat, but I moved to the middle seat when I wanted to recline because I'm a courteous motherfucker. 

I mean, if you recline and the guy behind you reclines.... doesn't it balance out?

It's been a minute since I've been on a plane to consider this but I too am a reasonably tall fellow and I've never been bothered by the passenger in front of me reclining, nor have I considered myself a nuisance when I've reclined. (altho the latter might just be me being an asshole depending how this poll plays out lol)

The real assholes are airliners/people who decide in design how close the seats are. 

If a seat is designed to recline you should be able to do such. 

15 minutes ago, Tristan said:

The real assholes are airliners/people who decide in design how close the seats are. 

P R E A C H      I T

2 hours ago, Cam L said:

I had my entire row to myself on my way home from Australia. The row behind me had someone in the aisle and window seats, but nobody in the middle. I like my window seat, but I moved to the middle seat when I wanted to recline because I'm a courteous motherfucker. 

Flexing that Eagle Scout character. 

50 minutes ago, Tristan said:

What is there was an airline that advertised that they didn't have reclining seats? Would you fly on that airline? Or would you only fly on the airline if it was cheapest? 

13 minutes ago, Drake said:

What is there was an airline that advertised that they didn't have reclining seats? Would you fly on that airline? Or would you only fly on the airline if it was cheapest? 

Yes, as long as the price was in the same ballpark. 

My mindset though is that I am using a flight as a means to save time on travelling; not for maximum comfort being able to recline or not is not selling point for me.

How about y'all millennial fucks look up from your phone for one goddamn second and use your voice to communicate with the human being you think you might be upsetting - or, speak up for yourself if you're upset at them. Don't ask the internet for advice, don't take a picture or a video or post on twitter or whatever the fuck.

If it’s a function I have access too I shouldn’t be ashamed to use it. Just ask if you’re worried about the person behind you. I’d rather have someone recline then ohh idk kick the back of my seat on a 6 hour flight while nursing a double ear infection

18 hours ago, Chickensauc3 said:

If you don’t like it get first class or drive or take a helicopter

Or just stay home and play Runescape?! 

They space they give you has gotten smaller over the years. The airlines is where we should direct our annoyance.

Being able to sleep on a plan is important, reclining is important. People are self-centred and loosing their minds these days.

Edit- To be far, most of the flies I have been on are 8+ hours.

• 2 weeks later...

No because I fly first or business (H)

If I flew on economy I don't think it's bad as long as you are not ass-hole-y about it? Sometimes it's not the deed but the context that matters.