How important are quests?

Gazelien

At the moment I am doing the quest Violet is Blue, but I find it really boring. Is it OK to skip this quest?

Also, I do not really like doing quests, I like to explore on my own and do whatever I want. Can this be a viable approach or are the quests simply to important?

11 minutes ago, Gazelien said:

Also, I do not really like doing quests, I like to explore on my own and do whatever I want. Can this be a viable approach or are the quests simply to important?

Most people don't like doing them. Doing what  YOU want is important, this is time your spending doing something you enjoy.

Some quests do not offer much but some offer new areas/items/npcs etc that are way too useful to skip. Or they are part of a bigger chain of quests that is important.

Violet is Blue isn't that important, but some quests (like West Arodougne/Prif quest line) do have some importance that help with higher level skilling. As someone who has completed all primary quests (still have miniquests), I find the lore interesting, but its not for everyone. Don't worry about it too much :) 

As of October 2017 it is possible to gain over 15.5 million experience from (mini)quests

Source: https://runescape.wiki/w/Quests/Experience_rewards

This is a big incentive to take into consideration in my opinion. Whenever I was looking to Max I wanted to get quest point cape first because of all the XP rewards, let alone the bonus XP you get from the Treasure hunter key rewards. And now days you have even more incentive with the quest point shop that gives those dice among some other rewards., I don't know an accurate number but if memory serves when that came out the average seemed to be like +/- 15M GP. 

Let alone rewards like Priffdnas access or Nightmare creatures from the Children of Mah quests etc... 

P sure it was AmusedDragon who once said something along the lines of; Everyone should just do all the quests mang. :xd: 

Anyway thats my 2 cents lol.

2 hours ago, Cyruss said:

And now days you have even more incentive with the quest point shop that gives those dice among some other rewards., I don't know an accurate number but if memory serves when that came out the average seemed to be like +/- 15M GP. 

And that number is just from the straight up gold it gives, not including the additional treasure trail rewards. We've had at least a couple of clannies luck into dyes from them. Very worthwhile. 

3 hours ago, Haze said:

very

I low-key wanted to reply with this exact same reply earlier :xd: 

:applause: to you lol 

TTV iMeowMix

I’d just stick to quests that actually benefit your characters strength for the things that you do enjoy to do! Many quests in my opinion are pointless.