Anyone else WFH due to virus?

AmusedDragon

Everything is getting shut down around here. Just got informed that I'll be working from home from the 15th to the 31st. ##

Anyone else being told to work remotely? Plans canceled? What's the virus affecting for you?

I have a cruise planned for the 21st.. Debating if I wanna risk getting stuck on the ship or not. But I already work from home so there's that at least. 

I've effectively shut my business down for the time being. I don't want to risk the health of my employees, and most of my clients were cancelling anyways. 

My wife is working from home. 

My kid's school is still in session, but they've advised us to prepare for a potential extended closure. At the moment they've cancelled assemblies, guest speakers, athletic activities, band and chorus practice, and pretty much every other extracurricular...except, they are still putting on the high school play. :dunno:

The colleges around here are only doing online learning now, I'm unsure of the grade-schools though.

Some of the procedures at work were changed (Patients with COVID-19 were to only be given disposable things, as to not contaminate anything else).

They are no longer allowing visitors at the hospital, unless its under some special circumstance.

Pre-school up-to grade 12 have been closed for the time being. Universities are still operating; some classes have been moved to online learning though. 

Edit: All universities have moved classes online. 

My university has moved to all online classes and no classes for the next week after spring break. Guess who isn’t gonna get any refund for lab fees for a lab that won’t get used

Universities closed, schools k-12 closed, sporting events closed, concerts closed, st Patrick's day closed, everything closed but I still have to go to work where we have thousands of visitors per day:ninja:

I had a work meeting cancelled yesterday but aside from that everything's still on here. I was planning on going to my step brother's college graduation out in Colorado in early May but that's not looking good (even though airfare prices are great right now and I'd get on a plane tomorrow without hesitation). 

Oh, the grocery store was starting to get ravaged yesterday, though. 

My school is still going But we have been told if campus needs to close we would switch to online classes. Everyone else I know still goes to work as usual. 

10 hours ago, Lena said:

I have a cruise planned for the 21st.. Debating if I wanna risk getting stuck on the ship or not. But I already work from home so there's that at least. 

Aren't cruise ships like the worst place to be when something like this is going around? <_< sorreh.

10 hours ago, Beric said:

At the moment they've cancelled assemblies, guest speakers, athletic activities, band and chorus practice, and pretty much every other extracurricular...except, they are still putting on the high school play. :dunno:

The show must go on!

7 hours ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

My university has moved to all online classes and no classes for the next week after spring break. Guess who isn’t gonna get any refund for lab fees for a lab that won’t get used

They can't just move the lab online in some way? That's lame.

The university I went to is all online classes til this semester is over apparently.

55 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Aren't cruise ships like the worst place to be when something like this is going around? <_< sorreh.

I mean, they're basically Petri dishes at the best of times. 

My university closed and everything switched to online till April 5th. We basically have like video meetings as our class session now. Ive been to stores and its not that bad like toilet paper is gone i guess people are shitting themselves. And people check out at the register with like 10 bottles of hand soap

I'm in San Francisco during this

Yeah, I was planning to attend a work conference, but that was cancelled. My work is essential on hiatus/at-home for the time being. Also lead me to cancel my anniversary vacation and other family visits. Fortunately got a refund for my tickets to see Hamilton in nyc.

And if things couldn't be better, my daughter contracted lice and decided to do a poo in the bathtub while we were treating her. And all this, and I mean all of it, happening on my wedding anniversary.

We just had to laugh it all off after all this. (I still got her roses and a gift ;))

2 hours ago, Cam L said:

Oh, the grocery store was starting to get ravaged yesterday, though. 

And yeah, I still gotta go shopping and am preparing to see the stupidness of all this. :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Edward987 said:

i guess people are shitting themselves.

34 minutes ago, Edward987 said:

I'm in San Francisco during this

So everything's normal?

officially working from home now -- we don't have a end date determined. We will get email communication when we were allowed back into the office.

A number of the casting directors in my area are asking for video auditions only, at least for preliminary/early round casting calls as I understand it. 

Also most of the good snacks (namely the cheddar bunnies, peanut butter filled pretzels, fruity gummies etc...)  at my local Whole Foods seem to be taken but that may or may not be related, unless these quarantine'ers just have great taste.... I am nervous to go to the olive bar though, only jarred olives for now :cry:

On the brighter side, I guess?.... the last couple days I went to pickup lunch or get a drink at Starbucks/Chipotle or something they've been close to empty. Feels a little odd being alone or one of like 3 customers in these places that are normally close to packed, but I haven't really been seeing anyone hanging out anywhere. Seems kinda like just get your stuff and go home. :xd: 

1 hour ago, Cyruss said:

...Also most of the good snacks (namely the cheddar bunnies, peanut butter filled pretzels...

What even is a cheddar bunny