Anyone else WFH due to virus?

AmusedDragon

Kids schools are still going. Teachers at work were advised go meet with like-grade teachers and assemble packets to last up to 1month for students either quarantined, or for worst cast closing scenarios.

As far as my job goes, they've lightened the load of rooms I clean, but now ive got to wipe ALL CHAIRS, AND DESKS. Instead kf 1x weekly cleanings or as needed per teacher requests. Thankfully I was already doing tables but still managed to get rid of my 3 hardest rooms so ive got plenty of time to spare 

Tofutitties9

Yup, I had a 3 week dive trip planned to Micronesia that is now being cancelled due to the travel ban and they have currently moved all my classes to online so we will be doing everything remote from now on 

We went to the grocery store today and it was like, Panic! at the Meijer

No fresh fruits left, no vegetables, no bread, no fresh meats(chicken/beef/fish), canned aisle was cleaned out, no toilet paper for your bunghole, no soaps, no anything :reporter:

32 minutes ago, Kristi said:

We went to the grocery store today and it was like, Panic! at the Meijer

No fresh fruits left, no vegetables, no bread, no fresh meats(chicken/beef/fish), canned aisle was cleaned out, no toilet paper for your bunghole, no soaps, no anything :reporter:

Exactly my experience today. Boutta start taking my shits at the mc dicks or whataburger now.

21 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

Aren't cruise ships like the worst place to be when something like this is going around? <_< 

Eh it was cancelled so that solves my dilemma. I get a refund this way, I didn't take the credit bait a week ago heh.

11 hours ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

Exactly my experience today. Boutta start taking my shits at the mc dicks or whataburger now.

Everything was calm here until we had our first presumptive covid-19 case, and now people are stealing toilet paper from restaurant bathrooms :ohwell:

4 minutes ago, Beric said:

Everything was calm here until we had our first presumptive covid-19 case, and now people are stealing toilet paper from restaurant bathrooms :ohwell:

Lmao

The grocery store got ravaged, ZERO produce.....NO  I MEAN ZERO, not 1 piece of greenery in that place. NOT ONE

48 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

Lmao

The grocery store got ravaged, ZERO produce.....NO  I MEAN ZERO, not 1 piece of greenery in that place. NOT ONE

Jesus Christ. Produce doesn't even keep for that long, lol

2 hours ago, Seike said:

Jesus Christ. Produce doesn't even keep for that long, lol

Gotta get all them veggies in while you can. :reporter:

Just now, Sansa said:

I will never again make fun of @Beric for shopping like he's a doomsday prepper. 

I shop like someone who has two teenage boys and doesn't want to live in a grocery store :hmph:

17 hours ago, thegreatwha said:

I'm honestly wondering if Archaeology will be delayed because of all this. :dunno:

Oh man, bahahaha. That'd be something.

My office has been asked to WFH until at least April 1 if you can do so. Tried to go to Costco for some minor groceries, there was a line snaked around the parking lot at 7AM so noped out of that one.

I've been off sick the last week with Flu/Col/Covid whatever symptoms (fuck knows what I have cos the NHS refuse to test me, or even let me ou the house for that matter). Point being I'm not allowed in the office. The companies official position however is that we won't close unless someone in the office is confirmed to have Covid-19.

Personally given they could walk around the office infecting everyone whilst asymptomatic I think that's a bit late but hey they're just worrying about their bottom line. Even though we could all easily work from home.

:stupid:

27 minutes ago, J ac0b said:

I've been off sick the last week with Flu/Col/Covid whatever symptoms (fuck knows what I have cos the NHS refuse to test me, or even let me ou the house for that matter). Point being I'm not allowed in the office. The companies official position however is that we won't close unless someone in the office is confirmed to have Covid-19.

Personally given they could walk around the office infecting everyone whilst asymptomatic I think that's a bit late but hey they're just worrying about their bottom line. Even though we could all easily work from home.

:stupid:

That is quite unfortunate -- I understand some jobs require you to be there in person and can understand the hesitation to close down in those cases. But regardless of people's feelings on whether the reaction to this is over the top or not this seems like the perfect opportunity for companies to test out working from home and investigate how that impacts employee productivity.  Could be opportunities in allowing people to work from home (less traffic on the road (ever so small impact on CO2 emissions), employee's having a little more time for that work/life balance since they don't have to sit in traffic for a portion of the day (slightly happier people, more loyal if other companies don't have this perk?), savings for the company on renting office space if there is rotating remote days for folks - less office space needed for jobs this applies to).