Problem downloading and starting client

Gazelien

Hi everyone,

I had runescape installed but it was always stuck at downloading client. So I removed runescape and wanted to do a reinstall. However, if I try to download from: https://www.runescape.com/download

the download never finishes. It gets stuck. So now I cant play. Anyone know a solution or also have this problem?

Hmmm...that's a tough one for me (Not an IT guy or anything). But I would simply try at least to restart your computer then attempt to download. You probably want to also double check your internet connection, and make sure it's strong and all. Maybe even try downloading something else to see if you have any issues in that way.

That's stating some of the obvious. Maybe someone else here can provide some other insights.

A couple of people had a similar problem, including myself, but the solution was to wait it out a little bit and it would load. 

I heard someone say to try and download using a UK VPN or something along those lines. Hopefully someone can confirm this for me. XD (Thank you @Deathcon). <3 

I have tried with the VPN at UK and USA but no luck. It always gets stuck at 'downloading client'.  Is this a bug they are aware off at the runescape developers? As far as I know there is nothing wrong with my internet. Don't experience any other problems than with runescape.

EDIT: I have set the VPN to Sweden and now it works.

Edited by Gazelien

Sadly I still cant play. I can load up the game start menu, but a lot of things are really slow. Like world select. And when I really press 'play now' to start loading the game, it keeps loading. I never get in the game. I tried with and without VPN, also with different countries. :(

Edit: Now I tried Russia with the VPN and everything seems to work fine.

Edited by Gazelien
2 hours ago, Gazelien said:

Sadly I still cant play. I can load up the game start menu, but a lot of things are really slow. Like world select. And when I really press 'play now' to start loading the game, it keeps loading. I never get in the game. I tried with and without VPN, also with different countries. :(

Edit: Now I tried Russia with the VPN and everything seems to work fine.

You only need the VPN to download since you uninstalled.

Just open the client and go make food or do homework or something else for abit.

I still have problems playing the game. I think the internet connection is maybe also a problem. It is sometimes very slow, also other sites. I guess because the whole country is working from home on their internet connections.