How long have you played?

BaconTaco

17 hours ago, Rafi said:

The list is littered with early members of The Gladiatorz.  And the rest of the names... what a walk down memory lane. 

What's always baffled me is the instances of, e.g. Jessica111 claiming that name when Jessica would evidently be available.

2 hours ago, Dan G said:

What's always baffled me is the instances of, e.g. Jessica111 claiming that name when Jessica would evidently be available.

Two things at play:

1) People are weird that way and/or already have game tags like that from other games. 

2) Strictly speaking, the list isn’t actually complete. The lists were created when Jagex had the first new skills in the works in the months leading up to the release of members. They preemptively created hidden high scores for them, but of course players found them by manipulating the url back in those days. There was no skill minimum at the time to appear, and it was quickly discovered that it listed players by an internal account numbering system that was the order in which accounts were registered. The catch is that at some point in 2001 they decided to keep the high scores clean (and encourage playing presumably) so you would only show up if you had logged in in the past 2 months. When that happened people started saving the list, but it was already too late. Granted rs had been out less than a year, but plenty of people (including the friends I signed up with) didn’t play more than a couple months before moving on. As a point of reference, on the very first list I was #127, but on the list that still remains which was after the 2-month cutoff, I jumped up to 102 because 25 people evidently hadn’t logged in during that time. 

Thus there may well have been a “Jessica” who had already stopped playing. 

[typed that out on my phone and don’t have time atm to proof read so sorry for speling and wrording erors @Beric!]

If I recall correctly this may have been month 5, which means anyone who didn’t play past the first two months wouldn’t show up. 

On 4/14/2020 at 3:09 PM, James said:

I'm pretty fond of #358 myself. *looks into a mirror lovingly*

We're currently in the middle of the Jewish holiday of Passover.  During the ceremony where we tell the story of the exodus, the youngest (verbal) person at the table asks the "four questions."  The first of which is "why is this night different than all other nights?"

Just wanted you to know that quote was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this post.  :trollface:

Serval Shots

I originally started playing in 2005 when I was a kid and made my current account in 2008. Unfortunately I lost my original account so I only have the 2008 account now. So I've actually been on the game longer then Hans will say but he doesn't know I have another account i lost.

According to Hans I have spent 108 days, 1 hour, 18 minutes in the world since I arrived 4.280 days ago. That's about 11 years. I would say that's accurate since I think I made the 2008 one late in that year. 

NICE TRY FBI! I wish I knew how long Ive played had an account way back in like 2006 that my old elementary school "friend" changed the email :(