How long have you played?

BaconTaco

Most of you probably know this, but you can talk to Hans in the front lawn of Lumby castle.  Pick the last option and he'll tell you how much time you've been logged in and how long ago your account was created.

You can google "date xxx days ago" to see the day you first logged in.  Mine was 6610 days ago, February 27, 2002.

axMvNkG.jpg

Haven't checked the exact date recently but I believe I hit 15 years in a couple months :mellow:

of Bebanburg

I am currently  at 2200 days on this account! I lost my first account because I forgot its password like an idiott

I started around 2005, I was 9 years old. However, I do miss my old account, it was hacked by a close friend. If I still had that account today my account would be around 5500-6000 days old. 

Started back in 2005 - got my 15 year vet cape in Jan. I've got 226 days of play time. Maxed originally with around 210 days, I want to say. 

Turns out I was wrong about when I started playing.  My buddy who got me playing Runescape when we were in school together said it was the summer of 2001.  He thinks June.  So I'm not sure why this account says February 2002 when I talk to Hans.  I assumed it was because I had an account recovery then, but he says that was much later than February.  Who knows.  He has a much better memory than me I guess.  I only really remember spamming chat to sell stuff in Varrock and throwing knives at DustDevils...

1 hour ago, BaconTaco said:

Turns out I was wrong about when I started playing.  My buddy who got me playing Runescape when we were in school together said it was the summer of 2001.  He thinks June.  So I'm not sure why this account says February 2002 when I talk to Hans.  I assumed it was because I had an account recovery then, but he says that was much later than February.  Who knows.  He has a much better memory than me I guess.  I only really remember spamming chat to sell stuff in Varrock and throwing knives at DustDevils...

I’m not sure if this is the reason but I don’t think Jagex’s logs go back further than when they launched RS members. In the early days it was entirely free to play. Can’t remember when members started though. I’m sure it’s on wiki somewhere. 

16 minutes ago, Rafi said:

I’m not sure if this is the reason but I don’t think Jagex’s logs go back further than when they launched RS members. In the early days it was entirely free to play. Can’t remember when members started though. I’m sure it’s on wiki somewhere. 

You're right. Mystery solved.  This is from wikipedia article on Runescape:

It (Runescape) was released as a beta version on 4 January 2001, and originally operated out of their parents' house in Nottingham. In February 2002, a monthly membership service was introduced, allowing access to additional features including new areas, quests, and items not available to free users.

I forgot membership came after the wilderness.  So anyone who played the first 13 months of the game will be marked as started in February 2002. Alas for poor record keeping. I'm sure the Gowers still living with their parents never imagined Runescape would be any bigger than their other little games though.

Deleted User
On 4/3/2020 at 10:17 PM, BaconTaco said:

, February 27, 2002.

No fucking way. Exactly the same date as I created mine lol...

edit. Ooh... I see it might be longer?

Edited by Minikillers
4 hours ago, Minikillers said:

No fucking way. Exactly the same date as I created mine lol...

edit. Ooh... I see it might be longer?

Yea. I started playing around June 2001.  Looks like everyone who started before members/subs will say that date.  Maybe you should change your sig to 'since sometime before Feb 2002'  :)

20 hours ago, Rafi said:

I forgot membership came after the wilderness.  So anyone who played the first 13 months of the game will be marked as started in February 2002. Alas for poor record keeping. I'm sure the Gowers still living with their parents never imagined Runescape would be any bigger than their other little games though.

Do you know where to find that list that has you as one of the first 500 players? 

The list is littered with early members of The Gladiatorz.  And the rest of the names... what a walk down memory lane.