Herb Training Advice

Rafi

I'm planning to bite the bullet and get a few hours of herb training in on dxp. I can afford a few million, but not looking to go broke. Currently level 101 Herblaw with 12.5m bonus xp.  Below is a shot of my herb stash from slaying / playing over the last eon. Not particularly impressive, I know.

Looking for suggestions on what to buy and what potions to focus on, whether they'll be useful long term or to sell to recoup some money after (and obviously decent xp would be nice).  

Ra6xvZQ.png

Thank you for your sagely advice in advance!

47 minutes ago, Minikillers said:

Mate, if you have 12,5m bonus exp. on herblaw, you might not want to train that at dxp weekend. You'll waste that bonus exp.

Last I checked bxp worked with dxp weekend :)

This isn't advice, per se. Just me sharing the same experience of having 12.5m+ of bonus xp and no herblore materials banked to use it on.

I'm passing on this bonus xp weekend and going to use the time between now and the next one to stock up on anything I should need for the next, when I'm more prepared. For example, I've been doing this (below) so that I don't need to buy any primal extract. That's ~200k Herblore xp per day minimum for me currently and means one more ingredient I don't need to buy.

I'm also farming herbs and, thanks to still needing 120 Slayer, I suspect I'll end up with a fair few from drops too.

When I do intend to train Herblore, my plan is Elder Overload Salves (and the child potions you need to make to create them) until I run out of ingredients and then Powerbursts of Vitality. I wouldn't bother doing your cost calculations now as prices are skewed but the latter potions worked out to be <4gp/xp, roughly.

3 hours ago, Isurugi Noe said:

Last I checked bxp worked with dxp weekend :)

It sure does. 

5 hours ago, Dan G said:

Powerbursts of Vitality

I didnt look at gp/xp however i made some myself and wished i had made vuln bombs instead.

Atleast vuln bombs have a use :lol:

Edit: Keep some weekly reset tokens available - Do Herby Werby during DXP and only catch the herbs so you dont get FM xp. 115+ this is like 600k xp if you reset.

Edit2: A lesser known method, while its flawed in the fact YOU have to collect nightshades ( pfast respawns + more spawns with the update ) its 8m+ profit per hour with the stuff listed here.

https://runescape.wiki/w/Money_making_guide/Making_weapon_poison%2B%2B

Deleted User
2 hours ago, Beric said:

It sure does. 

So you get base xp x 4 ?

NVM got the answer in CC :P

Edited by Minikillers
2 hours ago, Deathcon said:

I didnt look at gp/xp however i made some myself and wished i had made vuln bombs instead.

Oh yeah I was counting on them sitting in my bank forever. Those vuln bombs look worthwhile. I shall investigate.

3 hours ago, Deathcon said:

Edit: Keep some weekly reset tokens available - Do Herby Werby during DXP and only catch the herbs so you dont get FM xp. 115+ this is like 600k xp if you reset.

Edit2: A lesser known method, while its flawed in the fact YOU have to collect nightshades ( pfast respawns + more spawns with the update ) its 8m+ profit per hour with the stuff listed here.

https://runescape.wiki/w/Money_making_guide/Making_weapon_poison%2B%2B

Vul Bombs are expensive vs powerburst tbh

Vegetto is selling vuln sets for 45k each

Edited by Harumia

So why do you want to train herblore past 99? Going for 120? Plan to pvm? Comp? Just want to train it?

If you want to pvm, then make overloads.

Otherwise make something that makes you money back.

3 hours ago, Sir Berry said:

So why do you want to train herblore past 99? Going for 120? Plan to pvm? Comp? Just want to train it?

If you want to pvm, then make overloads.

Otherwise make something that makes you money back.

Good question.

1) Inching away at max stats over the next decade.

2) I enjoy being able to PVM with the clan once in a blue moon when I can actually "Active" play the game instead of multi-tasking. I'm assuming that as time goes on the higher level herb creations will become standard in PvM.  

@Deathcon Herby Werby reset on dxp is an awesome idea.  I'll aim to do that for some quick xp.  Suppose I should also use a monthly reset on the oyster for that sweet sweet farming xp! Not sure I want to spend the time pre-eoc manually collecting stuff for that money making herb guide - I'm glued to the digsite. 

@Dan G Not a bad argument to save money on inflated prices, but I haven't actually been able to get on every dxp and suspect the business shutdown will be extended so I'll still be working from home this time.  

I haven't done anything besides the home base level 2 unlocks and a little herby werby on Anachronism island, but I'll check out that primal extract guide later. 

2 hours ago, Rafi said:

@Deathcon Herby Werby reset on dxp is an awesome idea.  I'll aim to do that for some quick xp.

Time it right and you can do this twice (well, four times) during DXP. 

12 hours ago, Rafi said:

@Dan GNot a bad argument to save money on inflated prices, but I haven't actually been able to get on every dxp and suspect the business shutdown will be extended so I'll still be working from home this time. 

Remember that they are structured differently now. Meaning you get 48 hours of bonus xp to use up over a week(?) however you choose to spread that time.

15 hours ago, Beric said:

Time it right and you can do this twice (well, four times) during DXP. 

Excellent point.  That'll basically be an entire herb level.

6 hours ago, Dan G said:

Remember that they are structured differently now. Meaning you get 48 hours of bonus xp to use up over a week(?) however you choose to spread that time.

Yeah, but I won't be able to afk during the day when I go back to the office which is a lot of my playtime atm.  Luckily (feels terrible saying that), MA just extended the shutdown to May 18th!