Best ranged gear for ED3

Izpohai

I'm very curious on the best gear.. I Have pernix augmented, ascension c'bows augmented, soul reaper necklace, ring of vigour, cinderbanes, elite boots. I also have bakriminel bolts too. I feel like I have zero defense while in ED3 atm, I go through way too much food and I think I've gotten 700k xp p/hr atm.. Is range that much slower in ED3 or am I missing a setup? 

Thanks.

Im guessing your goal is ranged xp since you mentioned 700k xp/hr, and not doing the actual bosses.

I may be wrong but I think the better option is doing ED2, probably doing it all the way through.

If you were adamant on staying. at ED3 trash runs for the gp or some other reason, you would not be served using bakriminel bolts. All of the trash mobs have too small of an hp pool for ruby ones to be meaningful, and anything else is just too expensive. You would also be served by taking mechanized chinchompas to better AOE alot of the clustered mobs, particularly the zombies and the sections with many crassian/crabby bois. Other than that your armour/weapons are more than good, there shouldn't be any reason you are using food unless you're a low level and dont have access to soul split or are just taking way too long to kill things. 

I dont have the exact gear you mentioned, but I made an example ranged trash run preset trying to match the gear you probably have, if that is of any interest. Couple items of note of course are the mechanized chincompas, salve amulet(e) for the undead, and the lucky charms for more gp. 

If I am mistaken and your goal was doing the bosses I could follow up with better advice perhaps. 

9 minutes ago, Cyruss said:

Couple items of note of course are the mechanized chincompas, salve amulet(e) for the undead

This would be the most beneficial, next to that maaaaybe undead slayer aswell but i dont quite remember the ratio of undeads besides zombie packs(is that it?lol)

if you see yourself running 200+ hours of elite dungeons in some way shape or form it could be worth investing in elite sirenic armour as it does not degrade while in elite dungeons effictivley eliminating a majority of your divine energy cost at the price of an extreme up front investment. perks to consider on your equipment other than the normal bis would be getting ruthless 5, undead slayer, and caroming 4 either as a switch or main weapon as that would make ricochet hit 7 targets max essentially making it a potential 700% weapon damage ability. 

1 hour ago, Cyruss said:

Im guessing your goal is ranged xp since you mentioned 700k xp/hr, and not doing the actual bosses.

I may be wrong but I think the better option is doing ED2, probably doing it all the way through.

If you were adamant on staying. at ED3 trash runs for the gp or some other reason, you would not be served using bakriminel bolts. All of the trash mobs have too small of an hp pool for ruby ones to be meaningful, and anything else is just too expensive. You would also be served by taking mechanized chinchompas to better AOE alot of the clustered mobs, particularly the zombies and the sections with many crassian/crabby bois. Other than that your armour/weapons are more than good, there shouldn't be any reason you are using food unless you're a low level and dont have access to soul split or are just taking way too long to kill things. 

I dont have the exact gear you mentioned, but I made an example ranged trash run preset trying to match the gear you probably have, if that is of any interest. Couple items of note of course are the mechanized chincompas, salve amulet(e) for the undead, and the lucky charms for more gp. 

If I am mistaken and your goal was doing the bosses I could follow up with better advice perhaps. 

I have max hp and prayer, I did use the mech chimps. Expect I didn't feel I was killing them as fast as the c'bows. I'm just aiming for 120range, and did this method for magic. 

I don't know if pernix is too much power or what, so I was curious. The scuttler's and others hit with their melee so good, even if I'm using the curse melee one to deflect back. 

39 minutes ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

if you see yourself running 200+ hours of elite dungeons in some way shape or form it could be worth investing in elite sirenic armour as it does not degrade while in elite dungeons effictivley eliminating a majority of your divine energy cost at the price of an extreme up front investment. perks to consider on your equipment other than the normal bis would be getting ruthless 5, undead slayer, and caroming 4 either as a switch or main weapon as that would make ricochet hit 7 targets max essentially making it a potential 700% weapon damage ability. 

Oh! I forgot about that armor. I could make that up easily. I feel I should augment it?