Quarantine Activities

Kingpiplup

Kingpiplup

Hello everyone!

As I just recently joined, like yesterday, I’ve been looking through the forums. I do not think I have seen this topic yet, but if it exists somewhere I do apologize for a repeat. 

I am curious to know what things you are doing to keep yourself busy during this time, other than RS. 

Somethings I have been doing is independent studies in mathy topics (as I’m preparing for something much bigger in the math world).

I have also just recently purchased this subscription service called Hunt A Killer, which is a murder mystery in a box. It’s a story that takes 6 boxes to complete. I am super excited about it. (I am not sponsored by this company in anyway, I’m just overly enthusiastic). If anyone wants a kind of glimpse into what it entails, here is the link to a YouTube video.

I am also playing some other games on the Switch: Splatoon, Animal Crossing, Pokémon. If anyone wants to ever play these let me know!

And then I have been watching things, to try and pass the time. I’ve watched on Netflix - “Never Have I Ever” which was super funny. 

I am also going to start True Detective (to find in with the whole murder mystery theme from earlier lol). 

(I also teach during the day so that takes up sometime already)

But is there anything else you guys are doing that you might suggest? Cause I’m looking for a lot to keep me busy, especially since there is a whole summer lol.

-Dylan

Usually just listening to music/playing on RS/watching anime/lots of youtube

I still have to work however so i suppose it really isn't that bad for me in the boredom department, I work in a hospital so yeah.

If I'm not on here or RS, I'm listening to music on Spotify, reading a book(rereading Harry Potter again for the millionth time), playing my switch or gamecube AKA Mario kart, watching Netflix(the Office), coloring, drawing and writing. I have been working on writing my own story, it is currently about 30 pages long in a Microsoft word doc haha

Been working from home so that has kept me pretty busy but in an effort to avoid sitting on my rear end 12+ hours a day I have taken up gardening. 

Some of the things being grown currently:

• Jalapenos - already harvesting as well :aww: 
  • Zucchini - Harvested my first one at the start of this week
  • Squash
  • Cucumbers
  • Bell Peppers (2 different types)
  • Watermelon (2 different types)
  • Beans (multiple types)
  • Carrots (multiple types)
  • Radish
  • Eggplant 
  • Strawberries - lol this one doesn't want to grow 
  • Spinach 
  • Swiss chard
  • Potatoes 

This is probably way more than I should be starting as a newbie but going to see what does and doesn't do good with the heat here and make adjustments as we go. Been watching too many gardening and cooking videos lately as well 

:blushing:

MumblinDurbo

Still have to work remote and occasionally go into the office. 

Otherwise can do most of my usual routine, work around the house, play games (RS and Valorant are the two main atm) with the exception of going to the rock climbing gym since that's still closed. 

I've been taking a more active role in educating my kids, as several months of distance learning has not been the most effective. I'm also in the process of reworking my business so that we can reopen in some fashion. 

6 minutes ago, Tristan said:

I have taken up gardening. 

And when time allows I'm also doing this! Not nearly as ambitious as Tristan, though :lol:

I planted carrots, kale, radishes, green beans, spinach, and tomatoes. I've also cleared a lot of overgrowth, and tilled and replanted an old wildflower garden that used to be gorgeous before I neglected it for a solid decade. 

It was snowing here most of last week and up until a day ago. Nothing has sprouted and I'm wondering if I'm going to need to replant it all, but we'll see! 

1 hour ago, Kristi said:

playing my switch

if you like RPGs check out "Octopath Traveler" it's a fantastic game.

Due to these trying times my irl lifting gains have become more focused on Runescape gains lol. I am also binging shows on Netflix and Hulu. Soon I will be taking care of my new pupper Timber ^_^

Work aside, I've been listening to lots of podcasts, playing other games with friends (Rainbow Six Siege, War Zone, Civ V), checking the stock market every 3 minutes or so, learning to cook new things and trying to revitalize my lawn :) Thankfully gyms just reopened here on Monday and it's looking like I'll be shifting out of working from home after Memorial Day, so I'm excited for a return to some semblance of normalcy. 

3 hours ago, Kristi said:

gamecube

truly the best console ever. nobody seems to share my opinion that pikmin is one of the most ambitious games of its time tho. i have fond memories of playing every mario sports game imaginable on gamecube  

9 hours ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

truly the best console ever. nobody seems to share my opinion that pikmin is one of the most ambitious games of its time tho. i have fond memories of playing every mario sports game imaginable on gamecube  

Yesss!!! N64 and gamecube are my favorite consoles. We are always playing Mario Kart or Super Smash Melee. I also really enjoy really any of the Mario games, Mario Party and Mario sports, Star Fox and Turok. I do have the Pikmin games, I remember them being fun. I'm currently replaying Paper Mario the thousand year door and Luigi's Mansion on a timed playthrough of the entire game. I like to see how quickly I can beat the whole game for some reason

Yeah, apart from scaping, I'm doing things with my daughter to keep her occupied. She's almost 2 now, so you can imagine what this is look. We recently baked chocolate chip cookies together which was fun. :)

It's crazy to me you haven't watched True Detective yet, just wait till you get to the second season. My favorite scene from season 1 was definitely the six minute single take tracking shot without edits.. the show is pretty dark at times but I know you'll enjoy it. Try checking out Mr. Robot and Westworld too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...