Bored and staring at scenery

Beric

Went back to do the archaeology collection after finishing Desperate Measures, and I noticed these: 

5c1be9f3e01793de9877df56c03b0a7c.png

I'm wondering if this might be a teaser for additional augmentable tools. Cleaver for cooking, a knife for either fletching or crafting (or both!), and...tongs? for something...

And if it isn't, then I just wrote your next update Jagex. You're welcome. 

ohhh that sounds neat, my hubby said he was having issues with the quest and wasn't able to get past a certain part are you finding it pretty easy? i have yet to do the new quest :(  

3 minutes ago, Mrs Dewfus said:

my hubby said he was having issues with the quest and wasn't able to get past a certain part are you finding it pretty easy? i have yet to do the new quest :(  

My internet decided to go down every single time I tried to go through the first "dream", so I had to play that particular part over and over again. Otherwise it was pretty smooth sailing. Lots of running around, though...

24 minutes ago, Beric said:

And if it isn't, then I just wrote your next update Jagex. You're welcome. 

More skilling tools/offhands were on the roadmap already.

The 2018 roadmap. It got shelved.

5 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

More skilling tools/offhands were on the roadmap already.

The 2018 roadmap. It got shelved.

OMG IT'S AMUSEDDRAGON. Big fan! 

Lol watch them come back and say they are just adding new potions instead. I'm getting close to Maxing, but if I ever make an alt, would love to see more skilling support

5 hours ago, Beric said:

teaser for additional augmentable tools. Cleaver for cooking, a knife for either fletching

They said orthen digsite would bring ancient herblore at runefest AND they also said they were going to fix/add powerbursts ( former has yet to happen ).

I also find it odd theyd create that lab and then have it used for about 10 minutes during a quest to never be seen again. Im hoping we somehow manage to get it useable post quest ( I'd like to think we end up clearing rubble etc ). 

While everything jagex says should be taken with a grain of salt, they mentioned that they did want to have orthen a bit different than the other digsites. ( Mysteries would still be a thing )

This person on reddit put together a googledoc that was impressive

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BbJb6bE_IOke4lCIdoOqMC1iP8WPC99YeY2rYk4he2c/edit?usp=sharing

12 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

This person on reddit put together a googledoc that was impressive

I like his Dragonkin language idea. Falls into the vein of one of my irl theoretical interested on the relationship between programming, video games, linguistics and language development. Far fetched if you ask me, as language can get complex very quickly and burn people out - which often doesn't equal revanue. That said, I had fun with the Dragonkin script part of the new quest, especially noticing how they arranged and assigned the voweling (reminded me of Arabic a little). When I have to go back to my University for a thesis defense and other junk, it would be fun to put this puzzle on the board for folks to try and figure out. 

But yeah, I agree with ya D-Con on the lab. For once we get to delve in a little deeper in Anachronia. Would be a shame they don't think of further developing on this.

Now all I'm thinking about is the idea of Jagex dragging their feet via more dxps, treasure Hunter promos, and things alike  before any and all future content realeases. Anyone wanna guess the theme for the next upcoming Yak Track event? :P

Those tongs actually look like the tool they use to pick up molten-hot bars of metal to move them from the furnace to the anvil. But since there was a smithing rework not too long ago I doubt it has anything to do with smithing. Those tools appear to be made of dragon metal so maybe we'll be able to augment dragon tools soon? 

16 hours ago, Beric said:

and...tongs? for something...

I think those are dragon pocket yoinkers, will be used for thieving :reporter: :~) 

1 minute ago, Cyruss said:

I think those are dragon pocket yoinkers, will be used for thieving :reporter: :~) 

Support

2 hours ago, Moto Bro said:

Those tools appear to be made of dragon metal so maybe we'll be able to augment dragon tools soon? 

Existing dragon tools can be augmented 

On 8/2/2020 at 12:48 AM, AmusedDragon said:

It got shelved.

I just want you to know much much I appreciated this comment. No terrible joke should ever go unrecognized! 

And by terrible I mean the highest form of humor of course. 

48 minutes ago, Rafi said:

I just want you to know much much I appreciated this commend. No terrible joke should ever go unrecognized! 

And by terrible I mean the highest form of humor of course. 

ha i didnt even catch that