Your Oldest Runescape Friend

Moto Bro

While I was doing some semi-afk skilling to use up the last few hours of my DXP, I was going through my friends list and noticed some really old friends that were still active but I hadn't talked to them in years. I said hey to one old friend from RS Classic and we chatted for a bit. It's crazy to think some people on this game have been your virtual friends longer than most of your current real life friends, or possibly even longer than your sigificant others. I don't know the exact date I became friends with him but I started playing in the Summer of 2003 and we met in Classic, so that means we've been friends for about 17 years. 

So who's your oldest Runescape friend? Are they still active or maybe even a fellow Gladiator?

Two of my friends from the first clan I joined still play :) one plays osrs and one plays rs3. We still talk pretty regularly and reminisce about the good old days :) 

My oldest friend would be @Shelfie. He recruited me into my first clan, which had to be 2003 or 2004? The oldest friend who still has a pulse (on OSRS...:jade:) is @Atanas. I recruited him into that same clan, and then once it died I dragged both their butts to Gladz. 

Lots of good memories from that time. :aww:

Lots of friends from the early 2000s still pop in and out of Gladz. I don't know that any are actively playing atm though.  @Hobodaklown is on osrs, but we didn't actually know each other well back in 2001. I'm guessing Beric, Bleedblack, Atanas (osrs), and a few of the other early-mid 2000s oldschoolers are my oldest friends in game now.  

And it's totally true - i've been friends with folks in this clan longer than I've known many friends, and definitely longer than my wife .  

It's cool to see most of you guys that have replied so far know someone in Gladz (or at least have an account on the forums) that you're still long time friends with.  One of the former leaders of my old clan Dragonwood still plays but I haven't messaged him since I've been back. I've been focusing on skilling so much that I haven't been very social. I've got 3 hours of DXP left that I'll use up tonight and then I'll start coming to some clan events/activities. 

Edited by Moto Bro

well given how new to the game i still am with only about 2 years under my belt i dont really have any old friends but i guess my hubby dewfus would have been mt oldest friend since he is the one who got me into game to begin with

PurplePandah

I've had my brother on my friends list since the start, and he still plays a decent amount, but stopped playing as much as he used to after he maxed:sly: Oldest person on my friends list who's not family would be @Episel. I still remember his OG rs name;) Also made him a full set of iron armour back 13-14 years ago when he first started playing:lol: 

My oldest RuneScape friend doesn't play the game any longer. We both forgot his user name and everything, so that doesn't help. In any case, we're long-time friends, knowing each other long prior to the game, and still remain in touch. 

The only actual people I've known in game are the people I've met here in Gladz, who I met, what? 3 years ago? Credit initially has to go to my original mentors: Deathcon and Bluee Iris. And from there has blossomed into a whole community of friends and connections.:grouphug:

Some cool stories on this thread.

My oldest/first RS friend was Ricku0912345, I knew him IRL too he was the guy who first told me about runescape while we were on the school bus. Helped me get to the point where I completed Dragon slayer, and then I slowly but surely started to eclipse him in account progression :xd:  I think he's since gotten a life and doesn't play RS anymore, what a concept. :~)

My oldest friends are two brothers that i met when slayer came out back in 2005. I was doing a blue dragon task at the heroes guild. That was a highly competitive spot back in the day so i came equipped with a cannon and wind strike (for left click attack) ready to fight for the dragon. There was this noob (cause he really was at the time haha) sitting there killing them with magic to make money. Well i run in and setup my cannon and get ready for the next dragon to spawn when he says "want to just take turns?" so i agreed and have been friends with him and his brother ever since. They and I consider eachother family and have even had trips to visit. I think the life long friends you meet in games is the greatest part of gaming of any kind.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend that got me into the game still plays (sometimes; he disappears for weeks, months.. years at a time though) and we chat a lot. I think I've known him like 19-20 years at this point. I have a few other long time friends but we rarely talk, largely because they don't play anymore. Aside from that small group of people my old friends are really old clanmates.

9 hours ago, Linda said:

My friend that got me into the game still plays (sometimes; he disappears for weeks, months.. years at a time though) and we chat a lot. I think I've known him like 19-20 years at this point. I have a few other long time friends but we rarely talk, largely because they don't play anymore. Aside from that small group of people my old friends are really old clanmates.

i've had you on my friends list since 07. How time flies..

Jade, Linda, and Hess are up there. Pretty much anyone still in the clan when I joined.

Aside from that, there's a couple of individuals I've known since '02-'03 that I still talk to outside of the game - It's definitely an interesting concept to watch people grow up with you and see where everyone's at now.

Edited by Devin

i've got 5 RL friends that all played together.

The Bull22 is a glad.

Medic Roby is a glad

Klean-Killer is inactive

Towerc - OSRS ( occasionally )
TowerK - inactive.

We all started between '01-'03 ?