Adding perks to gear?!?

White Cousin

this is a new subject for me as im returning after a long break and invention confuses the hell out of me...anyone willing to explain how to add perks to armor and which ones i should be using and not wating my time with?

8 minutes ago, White Cousin said:

how to add perks to armor

buy augmentor ->use on body/legs/weapons/shields/offhands....you may not be able to augment body/legs till certain levels.

you need to make gizmo shells via the workbench (you need to research blueprints also at the workbench to get these things to appear in the menu to craft)

10 minutes ago, White Cousin said:

which ones i should be using

b5i0Hie.png

https://discord.gg/pvme

This discord has a few channels dedicated to perks on pvm gear/weapons.  You dont want to attempt these at lower invention levels, though some perks can be easily obtained at low levels, most you'd want higher levels for.

You can make use of Extreme invention potions to research some stuff earlier than intended and keep the benefit ( charge drain reduction/junk chance reduction etc)

9 hours ago, White Cousin said:

are there skilling perks i should use i kno i cant do too much at 67 invention though

For the most part: Honed which gives a % chance to successfully gather.

Tinker, rapid, fortune, refined are also used for various things

7 hours ago, White Cousin said:

Awesome, thanks for the help I appreciate it. Invention is not my strong suit right now lol

Its definitely a confusing skill to get into, but once you understand the basics, its fun testing out the best combinations. Good luck :) 

Edited by Red Rat17
18 hours ago, White Cousin said:

are there skilling perks i should use i kno i cant do too much at 67 invention though

If you can make Extreme Invention potions (95 Herblore, boostable), then at level 68 Invention you can use that to boost up to 85 Invention and unlock Ancient Invention which will allow you to create more powerful gizmos (9 components go into gizmo rather than 5 - it allows you to get higher ranks of perks). Since you're so close, I'd recommend doing that before delving too deep into perks because any perks you make before then will be obsolete once you do unlock that. To do it, buy Ancient Gizmos Blueprint from the GE, use it, and then when you're boosted to 85 Invention, you should be able to "Research" Ancient Gizmos at the Invention workbench, and then "Research" again to unlock Historic and Classic components. The Ancient GIzmos are made just like normal gizmos, but they additionally require Historic and Classic components which you can buy on the GE (they're in small and large crates, I'd recommend buying a large historic crate and small classic crate).

For perks themselves, Deathcon posted a lot of general information. If you have specific questions about what perks to do for what activity or what components to use to get a certain perk, feel free to ask.

i have a couple augmented Black salamanders im going to finish up then ill jump right into that @Veggie. I appreciate all the assistance and will definitly ask for more help im sure ill need it lol