Unpopular Opinions

Moto Bro

Let's keep this lighthearted and fun, don't attack anyone for their opinions. You can agree or disagree but leave it at that. If you want a full debate please take it to Intellectual Discussion. So what's one of your unpopular opinions?

Unpopular Opinion: Anime is overrated. 

Edited by Moto Bro

Nobody age 40+ should be allowed to use the self-checkout machine at the store. Not sure if this opinion is actually unpopular, though. 

9 hours ago, Cam L said:

Nobody age 40+ should be allowed to use the self-checkout machine at the store. Not sure if this opinion is actually unpopular, though. 

That's so oddly specific that I can't say if I agree or disagree. Are you implying that old people are too slow at the self-checkout? 

2 hours ago, Moto Bro said:

That's so oddly specific that I can't say if I agree or disagree. Are you implying that old people are too slow at the self-checkout? 

did cashier at a grocery store one summer while I was in school, so I guess I have a bit of an advantage in that I know all the produce codes, but yes. I can get through a full basket before most older people can figure out how to tell the machine they have bananas. 

56 minutes ago, Cam L said:

did cashier at a grocery store one summer while I was in school, so I guess I have a bit of an advantage in that I know all the produce codes, but yes. I can get through a full basket before most older people can figure out how to tell the machine they have bananas. 

what kind of store do you go to that has self checkout without barcodes?

5 hours ago, Deathstar said:

what kind of store do you go to that has self checkout without barcodes?

Things like fresh produce don't usually have barcodes on them. At Walmart the self-checkout computers are pretty easy to use though, they have all the produce items listed with pictures. I could see an elderly person not knowing how to use it if they've never used a touch screen before but I rarely see those types of people in the self-checkout line. To be fair though I only go to Walmart if I can't find what I need at another store & don't want to wait for Amazon to ship it to me, which is less than once a month. 

3 hours ago, Moto Bro said:

Do you think it tastes like soap? 

No, I just don't think it tastes great and its such a strong flavor that it covers up everything else in a dish. 

15 minutes ago, Rafi said:

No, I just don't think it tastes great and its such a strong flavor that it covers up everything else in a dish. 

Fair enough. Some people do actually think it tastes like soap though. Personally I think it's fine as a garnish but you're right that it can be overpowering. 

The Breakfast Club is one of the worst movies of all time, and only reinforces the very stereotypes it tries to subvert. :shrug:

Edited by Red Rat17