Raksha - Discuss the Dino boss

Deathcon

So far we only know a few things, they've been keeping it pretty under wraps.

What are you hoping for drops wise?

Guesses to mechanics?

Thoughts on kill speeds?

Heres some of the info we do know.

-no new armor or weapons

-drops codices for abilities(new or buffing existing ones is still unknown)

-solo AND duo

-hp is scaled for duo

-you can teleport out at any point

-not a dps dummy, its an endurance fight

I'm guessing there will be an instakill mechanic, looking at Mod Camel's tweet, interesting! And my guess that it will be a typless damage one. I'm also hoping for other tough mechanics to deal with throughout the fight. :thumbup:

For kill speed, I'm guessing the fight is around 4-5 minutes and then perhaps a little bit of shaving on the time. ? 

This is my very first new boss that I’ve been around for I’m hyped as fuck for it!! I feel it’s gonna be doing a lot of poison damage for it’s insta kill other than that I don’t know how the mechanics will roll.

New Codices have me wondering if the ed2 codices will fall in price if these new ones actually make a big difference. :reporter:

55 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

-not a dps dummy, its an endurance fight

This part is the most interesting to me.

If I remember right Solak had unskippable mechanics on release and it really wasn't popular to the extent that they changed the boss so you could DPS out of ever seeing some mechanics entirely.

But Vorago is a boss that mixes timed phases with sort of minor DPS-tests periodically. It works a lot better on that front. I hope they found the right balance.

I am excited for new drops and a new boss.

I'm going to be honest I think on Day 1 I'm more excited for the RS stream content than the actual boss lol.

I want:

• Adrenaline renewal replenishment flask recipe
  • Super summoning renewal flask
  • Overload summoning salves (current salves + summoning renewal)

What we'll get:

• New threshold ability for magic that isn't worth using

Inb4 mutated conc but no mutated sonic wave, new constitution ability that is unusable by one style, and a soft typeless hit is accidentally released as hard typeless resulting in an unavoidable near one shot for the first day

Jagex when this boss comes out:

Lag - Check

Graphical Glitches - Check

Unplayable mechanics because our servers are shit? - Check

Unavoidable damage because a newborn could code better than us - Checkkkkkk

Reverting Boss to DPS dummy about a week after release because of lag - Check

Edited by aPrayer

We'll see what happens... don't really have any hopes at this point for what the boss might drop etc. Just hope it doesn't involve doing extra things for either comp or trimmed :$

11 hours ago, Quiden said:

We'll see what happens... don't really have any hopes at this point for what the boss might drop etc. Just hope it doesn't involve doing extra things for either comp or trimmed :$

There is a miniquest to do the boss, which might be a comp req, but I bet it's a 10 min thing at most.

Aside from that, I WISH reaper was still required for comp.

On 11/27/2020 at 7:45 AM, Chickensauc3 said:

I just want it to be fun and unique

Chicken with the best opinion.

I hope the boss is generally rewarding and while I know it has enrage mechanics I hope it also changes like araxxor/vorago every 'x' days or even every week to keep it interesting.

16 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

I dont even think this was stated..do you have a source?

I remember it being stated somewhere months ago when the boss was first brought up but I guess I haven't heard anything recently about that. Might just be not a thing anymore.

2 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

I remember it being stated somewhere months ago when the boss was first brought up but I guess I haven't heard anything recently about that. Might just be not a thing anymore.

Ah, not that im doubting it but i usually consider myself to keep tabs on most updates that im looking forward and I havent heard of it.

I hope it doesn't tbh, arbitrary difficulty due to X% enrage is rather boring.

If its endurance and fucking up mechanics is punishing enough i hope thats the route it takes.

I'm not the craziest for endurance bosses (Vorago and Solak have been fun, but cause I'm with people. Killing the boss themselves aren't as fun to me personally), but gonna give this a shot :). They say its difficulty is gonna be between Rax and Telos, and I struggle at Rax still, so may need more practice before grinding it. 

In terms of drops, Magic is definitely weak right now, but if they are not trying to do a direct buff, a book codex that lets you have all spellbooks at one time would be pretty sweet and full of utility imo. Greater Magic ability codex would also be good. 

I appreciate that it scales in duo. Solo content, in my opinion, is pretty boring. 

It'd be interesting to see some weekly mechanics to keep the boss interesting, something similar to Vorago. 

I'm hoping for the codicies to be beneficial for magic. Mutated Conc would be nice but I think Magic needs a bit more of a buff for the casual player. Up to this point, melee dominates in most cases so it would be nice to see something for magic. 

13 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

I think what they said was 100% telos “hard”

Can’t wait to learn more? Tune in to a special Dungeons & Dragons livestream featuring some of your favourite content creators, at 17:00 Game Time on Wednesday December 2nd. We wonder what they'll uncover...

Livestream tomorrow.